Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:08 PM   #1
davyvfr
macrumors regular

2008 Airport Express

Hello,

I am looking to buy an Airport Express, but on a budget. My University has crappy wifi in the dorms, but good in the hallways. The routers are placed in the center of the hallway, but my room is in the corner, so I get speeds close to 2mbps.

I have recently been using my MacBook Pro as a router, but its left on nearly 12 hours a day which I dont really like to do.

The Airport Express from 2008 seems good and has a nice form factor compared to the 2012 model. I would buy refurbished, but the only problem that I hear is that it doesnt work with Mountain Lion, or there are additional steps needed. What exactly will I have to do to get it to work on Mountain Lion?
davyvfr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:29 PM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

I had a working AE (2008) in Mountain Lion although it was setup before I installed ML (I think).

If it doesn't work, you just need AirPort Utility 5.6 instead of 6.0.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals