Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:13 PM   #1
confusedconnie
macrumors newbie

Academic Final Cut Studio?

I'm doing videography in my school and my teacher gave me Final Cut Studio ACADEMIC kit to install on my computer so I could work on classroom assignments at my house. Because the Final Cut Studio comes as an Academic set, will I still be able to install it on my laptop? Or would this not be possible due to the fact that it's meant to be a class set...???
confusedconnie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:20 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba

If he gave you a proper license, you can install it on your MacBook / MacBook Pro / MacBook Air, you can use it as much as you want, but you cannot produce something you make money with.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:43 PM   #3
confusedconnie
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
If he gave you a proper license, you can install it on your MacBook / MacBook Pro / MacBook Air, you can use it as much as you want, but you cannot produce something you make money with.
Okay, he gave me the proper license. And I wasn't planning on producing something to make money with, but why wouldn't I be able to?
confusedconnie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:47 PM   #4
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedconnie View Post
Okay, he gave me the proper license. And I wasn't planning on producing something to make money with, but why wouldn't I be able to?
You would be able to, but the license you have does not grant you those rights. That is why many academic versions of expensive software are much cheaper than the commercial versions.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
academic, final cut, final cut pro, mac