Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Dal123
macrumors 6502a

Decent replacement for outlook 2011

Hi all. I love outlook 2011 with the option to categorize and sort certain information.
I have invested a lot of time learning it. However I am having serious problems with my emails. Sent ones are not showing and problems backing up and I no longer trust it as it has let me down too many times.
I have contacted my server and the explain the emails are stored on the server. Outlook is the problem; THEY ARE RIGHT.

What can I do??
Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:50 PM   #2
JoelBC
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal123 View Post
Hi all. I love outlook 2011 with the option to categorize and sort certain information.
I have invested a lot of time learning it. However I am having serious problems with my emails. Sent ones are not showing and problems backing up and I no longer trust it as it has let me down too many times.
I have contacted my server and the explain the emails are stored on the server. Outlook is the problem; THEY ARE RIGHT.

What can I do??
You wont like my answer but this is what I do...I use OS X mail to cull / sort my e-mails as well as respond to basic e-mail...I use Parallels + Outlook 2010 / 2013 to categorize / organize my e-mails at the end of the day as well as respond to detailed e-mails...

Though it sounds like a lot of work it is actually very efficient and, more importantly, bullet proof...

Joel
JoelBC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:16 PM   #3
Dal123
macrumors 6502a

Thanks Joel,
I keep hearing parallels, is it like boot camp? I cannot afford to loose a single email as it is legal contracts.
I have to do something. Why don't you 'cull' or organise from outlook?
Do you know a feature I don't .
Thanks for advice.
Dal123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:39 AM   #4
Dal123
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelBC View Post
You wont like my answer but this is what I do...I use OS X mail to cull / sort my e-mails as well as respond to basic e-mail...I use Parallels + Outlook 2010 / 2013 to categorize / organize my e-mails at the end of the day as well as respond to detailed e-mails...
Joel
Why don't you use Outlook 2011 for Mac rather than slowing your system down using parallels? Are you saying that mac 2011 is useless (I think it has faults)?

Strange thing is I'm set-up as IMAP: I sent an email from outlook 2011. The email sent (because I got a reply).
I have outlook 2011 set to read emails from server; yet I cannot see the email I sent.
I log in to the server and the email is stored on the server. I have 10 emails on server and 10 on my mac. But there are couple of different emails on the mac and a couple of different on the server. I assure you, I have not been smoking crack as at the moment that seems the only liable reason !

The really strange bit:

Send an email from my iphone and that gets stored to the server; yet also shows up on the mac in outlook 2011.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help