Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bgiaach

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
NYC
So when I purchased my new rMBP I sent my old mac to PowerOn. They gave me $100 for it which was pretty fair seeing how it was 7 years old and without a battery or power brick. Anyway, Im wondering what I should buy?

I was thinking about either a case or bag or perhaps some cheap headphones.

Any suggestions? Doesn't have to be in those categories

Asuriyan

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
Indiana
Apple TV is pretty useful at $100, especially if you have iOS devices.

Otherwise you could put it toward an AirPort Extreme or even a Time Capsule. Or do the practical but boring thing and snag an extra power brick.

EDIT: I didn't see your signature stating you already had Apple TV as I was on mobile. My vote goes to the power brick. Can't have too many of those.

Last edited:

nephron8

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
I would suggest getting Apple TV.
It will allow you to do screen mirroring.

Else take airport express. Best small router.

bgiaach

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
NYC
Can you use it on apps or just hardware?

I can probably use it for both and while Mactumors response was quite patronizing, his/her advice is pretty solid. I was going to get a hard case but I hear a lot of them end up scratching the computer so I wont be buying one of those. Guess I'll just hold on to it.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I can probably use it for both and while Mactumors response was quite patronizing, his/her advice is pretty solid. I was going to get a hard case but I hear a lot of them end up scratching the computer so I wont be buying one of those. Guess I'll just hold on to it.

You could use it to buy another charger, so you can have one at home/one at work, or one in your bedroom and one in your living room :) Having two chargers is really quite handy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.