Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:31 AM   #1
plexter
macrumors newbie

MBPR Cannot connect to Windows PC

Hello!

I I bought a MBPR a week ago and until this day I can't find the solution for the networking problem. We have a windows based network, the main computer has a windows 7 installed. ON my Mac I can see the "MainServer" on my finder but whenever I click on to connect is tries for 3 seconds then says "Connection Failed" I tried using the "Connect to server" using both IP and Name but no use, please HELP!!

PS: I am new to Mac OS.
plexter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 03:45 AM   #2
monkeybagel
macrumors 6502a

You may try turning off your firewall on the Macintosh to see if that helps. What exact Windows version are you trying to connect to?
monkeybagel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:14 PM   #3
plexter
macrumors newbie

The firewall is off and I am trying to connect to Windows 7. I can see the computer I click to browse it it loads for 2-3 seconds then "Connection failed"
plexter is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion