Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Wanted to start a thread of tweaks that cause your phone to do weird things.

First us Motion, just uninstalled it

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
Short of hardware failure there's no such thing as a bricked iphone...

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Any tweak can have a bug or untested crash feature.

Safe mode restarts your Springboard and siphons off the jailbreak portion of your phone so you can safely remove that package if you need to.

But be aware that even the stock apps can cause your iPhone to "crash".

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
Activator - this will put you on an endless "Safe Mode" unitl you press home and power at the same time until the apple logo reappears.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
As soon as you install it or after you set up some activator settings or gestures?

Ok, I just now realized that any tweaks that has something to do with "Activator" will put my phone into a Safe Mode.

So I ended up un-installing those apps and just installed "Activator" by its own and I have no problem.

For some reason, its these tweaks that works side by side with Activator puts my phone into Safe Mode loop.

Apps that goes side by side with Activator that causes problems are like:

Speak Events
SB Settings

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
----------

[/COLOR]
Ok, I just now realized that any tweaks that has something to do with "Activator" will put my phone into a Safe Mode.

So I ended up un-installing those apps and just installed "Activator" by its own and I have no problem.

For some reason, its these tweaks that works side by side with Activator puts my phone into Safe Mode loop.

Apps that goes side by side with Activator that causes problems are like:

Speak Events
SB Settings

Damn, so if you install activator you cant install sbsettings?
Is bitesms working fine with activator gestures?

(http://rpetri.ch/ios6) Add this repo to get Activator for IOS 6

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
----------

[/COLOR]

Damn, so if you install activator you cant install sbsettings?
Is bitesms working fine with activator gestures?

(http://rpetri.ch/ios6) Add this repo to get Activator for IOS 6

Thanks for the repo AJ. Ill try it. BiteSms seems to work with Activator.

Only 2 that are problematic with Activator for me so far are Speak Events and SBSettings. It's too bad coz I paid for these tweaks. I hope this helps.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Switchy (iPhone) puts me into safe mode, and Quasar (iPad) puts me into safe mode as well.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Happens only sometimes, but i have lock info installed and i have put it as a separate page too between first homescreen and spotlight. I have configured lockinfo to display reminders and calendar event.
But say i add a new reminder and navigate to the lockinfo page to confirm if the reminder is displayed or not, sometimes the phone resprings.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
NCSettings and NCSettings ISX just caused my iPhone to get stuck at the bootlogo. Thankfully I was able to reboot into safe mode and remove them. Phone is fine now. I hope this isn't going to be an ongoing situation or I'm just going to restore and continue to live in my boxed little world.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
I'm stuck in a boot loop after installing iphone GV extension... Tried hard resetting several times, but no luck. :mad:

Can't really restore until I get back into work tomorrow either!

Have you tried holding volume up to try to get into safe mode? It wasn't working for me but I guess it's worth giving it a try?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.