Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Feb 4, 2013, 04:04 PM   #51
c23roo
macrumors regular

My wife is looking to upgrade her phone (she has an old flip phone she never wanted to give up) and enter the 21st century. My question is this - our desktop and laptop are mac, running Calendar/iCal as the desktop runs Mountain Lion and laptop is Snow Leopard. We really rely on this to keep family schedules together - and we like being able to enter events at home and have them pushed to my phone, for example.
She's leaning toward the Samsung S2 or 3 (forget which she likes best) instead of iPhone, and wants to be sure our calendars will continue to be able to sync.
Anyone have experience with this? I don't suspect it would be an issue, but as nothing ever seems to integrate seamlessly, I thought I'd ask.
-C
c23roo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 04:12 PM   #52
sbddude
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by c23roo View Post
My wife is looking to upgrade her phone (she has an old flip phone she never wanted to give up) and enter the 21st century. My question is this - our desktop and laptop are mac, running Calendar/iCal as the desktop runs Mountain Lion and laptop is Snow Leopard. We really rely on this to keep family schedules together - and we like being able to enter events at home and have them pushed to my phone, for example.
She's leaning toward the Samsung S2 or 3 (forget which she likes best) instead of iPhone, and wants to be sure our calendars will continue to be able to sync.
Anyone have experience with this? I don't suspect it would be an issue, but as nothing ever seems to integrate seamlessly, I thought I'd ask.
-C
Sync to google calendar. I do it that way and my iphone, android, and work PC all stay in perfect sync.

P.S. Go for the S3 over the S2. It's a much better phone in many ways (particularly the screen resolution), and is still better than many phones new to the market since its release.
sbddude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:24 PM   #53
c23roo
macrumors regular

Any way to do this without using Google calendar? Not a deal breaker but I prefer the interface of iCal/Calendar/Busycal to Google's.
Or do I just continue to use my current interface and use Google as a go-between?
C
c23roo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:51 PM   #54
sbddude
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by c23roo View Post
t continue to use my current interface and use Google as a go-between?
C
Yes, this. Google cal can sync to calendar for mac.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:56 PM   #55
macsrcool1234
macrumors 6502a

Do any of you doing this have AT&T? I am considering getting an android phone to devolep/play with but am wondering how swapping sim cards would work. I have an unlimited LTE data plan on ATT...would putting that into an Android phone and vice versa cause any problems?
macsrcool1234 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:15 AM   #56
sbddude
macrumors 6502a

Never had any issues swapping SIM cards between iphone/android on att unlimited. AT&T will say you need a special plan but it seemed to work either way. Better to be on the LTE plan and get 5gb unthrottled.

As long as you don't put your SIM in a tablet or laptop, etc.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices