Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech198

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Is over-burning possible on Mac ?

Otherwise i'll have to resort to Nero, which i know will over-burn ..

However, i'm never done this on Mac hardware before.

I'm trying to burn an 80:30 disc full of FLAC files converting to CD Audio, as I don't wish to just burn the last track to disc 2..... Waste of a disc.

Anyone know if its possible with mac software ? Toast doesn't do this, and neither does Burn.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Is over-burning possible on Mac ?

Otherwise i'll have to resort to Nero, which i know will over-burn ..

However, i'm never done this on Mac hardware before.

I'm trying to burn an 80:30 disc full of FLAC files converting to CD Audio, as I don't wish to just burn the last track to disc 2..... Waste of a disc.

Anyone know if its possible with mac software ? Toast doesn't do this, and neither does Burn.

As far as I know, there isn't any program on the Mac that will do it. Since it sounds like you already have Nero, I'd say accomplish your task with what you have that you know already works.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
I didn't see where it does over burning as the OP is looking for. Does it do that?

Edit: Your URL didn't mention over burning, but I found it mentioned on c|net here. So that app should suit the OP's needs then.

I've posted it specifically because of its over-burning feature; so it should suit the OP's needs...the app has some good reviews as well; and it's Cocoa native.

Tech198

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
I didn't see where it does over burning as the OP is looking for. Does it do that?

Edit: Your URL didn't mention over burning, but I found it mentioned on c|net here. So that app should suit the OP's needs then.

Nope, it doesn't. I just tried it.

Doesn't even create Audio CD's.

(edit: I should also take a look at Dropbox one of these days)

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Nope, it doesn't. I just tried it.

Doesn't even create Audio CD's.

I don't have it, nor have ever tried it and the last time I over burned was with Nero a really long time ago. But if they're advertising it, there has to be a setting for it. Perhaps though that your extra file is yet too much to even over burn.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.