Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cynikal.Mindset

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Guelph ON, Canada
I too am another not exactly happy with lockinfo 5, one it doesn't work properly with an iPhone 5 (kinda justified I guess) hopefully it will be fixed in the next week. It just doesn't work the same way it used to in general though and I guess that's what the main gripe is.

bugs I have found so far include:
clock appears over weather clock
notifications don't clear unless manually cleared from lockinfo itself
statusbar notifications work sometimes

hope the issues get sorted for the iPhone 5 and maybe some more customization is restored

jamesapp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
I hate this update, it actually made me depressed.

One of my favorite tweaks apps was lockinfo.

Does anyone know if lockinfo 4 would ever be able to run on an iPhone 5?

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Wow... this sucks. The "widgets" option on the lockscreen is a joke (why do I want two weather bars?) and it doesn't even take up the whole screen. And why can't I have my calendar, reminders, and notifications on the same screen?

He's pretty good about updates, so hopefully he is hard at work.

----------

Seems like a lot of these issues are fixed in the beta, but the beta repo can't be added to Cydia right now (http://apt.dba-tech.net/beta/)

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
and the clock that keeps appearing over the weather widget is really annoying me. has anyone tried the old hideclock tweak to see if that works?

meechy

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
I hate this update, it actually made me depressed.

One of my favorite tweaks apps was lockinfo.

Does anyone know if lockinfo 4 would ever be able to run on an iPhone 5?

If this made you depressed, i would hate to think what a real problem would do to you.

DeLoMan

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2008
Very disappointed in Lockinfo 5 on my iPad. The old interface was perfect! Why change a great thing? I deleted Lockinfo 5 about 2 minutes after trying to use it.

sp3ctre

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2008
Harrogate, UK
I installed the update from the beta repo and the clock appearing over the weather widget issue is resolved... still a bit naff I think but at least looks like he's working on the important bugs

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
I installed the update from the beta repo and the clock appearing over the weather widget issue is resolved... still a bit naff I think but at least looks like he's working on the important bugs

Whats the address to the beta repo?

deesee

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
just wanted to add another vote for bringing the old lockinfo4 functionality/look back.

lockinfo4 was perfect. lockinfo5 is.... almost unusable.

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Lockinfo is one of the few Cydia Apps I'm willing to pay for. This "update" is horrid. Functionality, appearance, and usability are sorely lacking.

I was going to try the trial of Intelliscreen, but their licensing is all jacked up. Won't give me a trial.

DeLoMan

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2008
Just downloaded intelliscreen and I'm not looking back. Great user interface, easy to use, well thought out.

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Just got the beta. Fixes pretty much all of my gripes. The clock doesn't show behind the weather at the top any more, and the "widgets" view takes up the whole screen.

Cynikal.Mindset

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Guelph ON, Canada
Just downloaded intelliscreen and I'm not looking back. Great user interface, easy to use, well thought out.

intelliscreenx is a clusterchuck of a mess too, too much stuff going on. Had it, deleted it just as fast...maybe we are just out of luck on a clean and simple lockscreen with info (lockinfo 4)

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Hope this is not off topic, but i am have trouble getting Lockinfo to recognize that I have paid in the past. I get the email from dba technologies support and click the link. The link opens (after about 5 try’s) and says that my device has been added. Then when I go into lockinfo settings and it checks for a license it fails at that step.

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
Hope this is not off topic, but i am have trouble getting Lockinfo to recognize that I have paid in the past. I get the email from dba technologies support and click the link. The link opens (after about 5 try’s) and says that my device has been added. Then when I go into lockinfo settings and it checks for a license it fails at that step.

Same happned to me. Do a hard reset and then go back into settings.

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Just got the beta. Fixes pretty much all of my gripes. The clock doesn't show behind the weather at the top any more, and the "widgets" view takes up the whole screen.

What is the version of the new beta. All I see is 5.0.0.12-1 and I am unable to add any of the sources listed above.

Code:
http://apt.dba-technologies.com/beta
or
http://apt.dba-tech.net/beta
or
http://david.ashman.com/apt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.