|Feb 5, 2013, 07:17 AM||#1|
What to do with too-cheap Windows laptop?
Instead of paying for Windows to boot camp my Air, and an external monitor because the 11" display is too small, I bought a 15" Windows 7 laptop (I can't remember what brand) with 6Gb RAM and a crappy netbook-class AMD Vision processor. It cost less than the boot camp + display option, but taking nearly a second to register a mouse click has me tearing out my hair. Even though right click doesn't work properly with my Air touchpad, requiring a separate mouse, that's still much less frustrating than a glacially slow laptop. I tried putting Ubuntu onto it to see if that was better, but it was just as slow, leading me to believe the processor is the problem.
Binning it seems like a waste, and giving it away is cruel, so what could I do with it?
|Feb 5, 2013, 08:01 AM||#2|
Then use the funds to:
- Fix Macbook Air (It may just be software).
- Buy a external monitor, you bought a cheap 15' laptop, you can easily get a 21inch monitor for under £150.
- Buy an external SSD follow a tutorial on installing Windows onto that.
- iPhone 5 32GB / White & Aluminium / 3 / iOS 6
- New iPad 32GB / White / 3 / iOS 6
- Mac Mini 2.5GHz / 8GB ram / 120GB SSD & 500GB HD / 10.8.2
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.