Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:19 AM   #1
yessy
macrumors newbie

Privacy for Apps: Facebook Access

This has happened to me for other apps like Instagram, but this is the current one. I downloaded the game app “FF & Friends”. When I press the button to connect the game to Facebook this message from my phone pops up: “FF & Friends” would like to access your basic profile info and list of friends. I press OK. Then a message from the game pops up saying: Please change your device’s privacy settings to allow the app to access your basic Facebook information. I press Ok. I go to my phone’s Settings then Privacy then Facebook and “FF & Friends” does not show up as requesting access to my Facebook account. My phone is always updated. I tried restarting my phone and restarting the app. When this happened to me on Instagram I deleted and reinstalled the app, but didn’t work.
yessy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:02 PM   #2
C DM
macrumors G5

Perhaps you might have restrictions of some sort on?
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 09:38 PM   #3
yessy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
Perhaps you might have restrictions of some sort on?
When I go to Settings>General> Restrictions> Facebook, "Allow Changes" is selected and it says "Applications that have requested access to your Facebook account will appear here." but the apps do not show up on this list.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:57 AM   #4
yessy
macrumors newbie

any ideas?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting