Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Closed Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 04:33 PM   #4801
macrobatt
macrumors regular

Yeah that's what I was thinking or putting together offer packages ect. I take it as a good sign that we made it thu all the interviews and background check thus far
macrobatt is offline   0
Old Feb 4, 2013, 04:44 PM   #4802
Leetmoaf
macrumors member

yes its a good sign!!!! i know what you mean though i have had my phone glued to my side for the past week and a half.
Leetmoaf is offline   0
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:45 PM   #4803
majornate
macrumors newbie

Well, I received my HireRight email after another FaceTime interview, however I received another job offer that I couldn't refuse...So I had to decline the Apple process for now :/ Good luck to everyone going in! Wish I could've joined y'all.
majornate is offline   0
Old Feb 4, 2013, 09:42 PM   #4804
Squilly
macrumors 68020

I applied to be an AHA a week ago and a month before that too. Haven't received even one call.

What's the employee discount as an AHA anyways?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:04 AM   #4805
Ipadmania002
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squilly View Post
I applied to be an AHA a week ago and a month before that too. Haven't received even one call.

Its almost been full 2 weeks after I applied and still havent heard anything either.
I see many people applied about 2, 3 weeks ago still havent got their initial contact or the questionnaire... still hoping the recruiters are just behind...
Ipadmania002 is offline   0
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:34 AM   #4806
Jaylynn20
macrumors member

I applied the end of Nov/ beginning of Dec and did not hear anything until the 3rd week of January. I've completed all the interviews and filled out my background info on Friday so I'm with everyone waiting to hear back on the 3/18 class. Best of luck everyone!
Jaylynn20 is offline   1
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:23 AM   #4807
vdubbeet
macrumors member

Quote:

My advice is to be patient. My initial application was in October. It is now February and I'm scheduled for my 3rd interview (2nd via FaceTime) tomorrow.[COLOR="#808080"]

Last edited by vdubbeet; Feb 5, 2013 at 08:33 AM.
vdubbeet is offline   0
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:47 AM   #4808
vdubbeet
macrumors member

How far back are you putting your previous employment?

I went back 10 years but could have gone back 25. I thought 10 was the most relevant. They only ask about felony convictions for the past 7 (I have none ever). Thanks for your invaluable input.
vdubbeet is offline   0
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:55 AM   #4809
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipadmania002 View Post
Its almost been full 2 weeks after I applied and still havent heard anything either.
I see many people applied about 2, 3 weeks ago still havent got their initial contact or the questionnaire... still hoping the recruiters are just behind...
I didn't get a questionaire. Is there something I'm missing?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:55 AM   #4810
vdubbeet
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipadmania002 View Post
Employee discount is divulging too much according to the Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA). Sorry. Perhaps someone else could answer?
vdubbeet is offline   0
Old Feb 5, 2013, 09:28 AM   #4811
macrobatt
macrumors regular

Quote:
I didn't get a questionaire. Is there something I'm missing?
Most of the people that start the interview process get an email from a recruiter that contains 11 questions. I say most because I have seen one or two that have gotten a call first.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubbeet View Post
Employee discount is divulging too much according to the Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA). Sorry. Perhaps someone else could answer?
there were links in previous pages to outside pages that show the employee discounts. http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/22/31...0-mac-250-ipad this I found this by simply googling apple employee discount. seems to go in line with what others have said in earlier pages. Hope this helps
macrobatt is offline   0
Old Feb 5, 2013, 09:36 AM   #4812
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrobatt View Post
Most of the people that start the interview process get an email from a recruiter that contains 11 questions. I say most because I have seen one or two that have gotten a call first.

----------

there were links in previous pages to outside pages that show the employee discounts. http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/22/31...0-mac-250-ipad this I found this by simply googling apple employee discount. seems to go in line with what others have said in earlier pages. Hope this helps
Oh... I never even got 11 questions.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 09:40 AM   #4813
macrobatt
macrumors regular

Quote:
Oh... I never even got 11 questions.
If you have not done so some of the things mentioned in previous pages start from page one and read on yes theres lots of boing conversation but there is good info there too to help... another thing mentioned that you can try to get your self noticed is a creative cover letter.
macrobatt is offline   0
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:03 AM   #4814
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Quote:
If you have not done so some of the things mentioned in previous pages start from page one and read on yes theres lots of boing conversation but there is good info there too to help... another thing mentioned that you can try to get your self noticed is a creative cover letter.
I tried to upload a resume but it wouldn't let me. It was two pages long yet the site thought it was 25 pages long thus wouldn't upload it.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:17 AM   #4815
macrobatt
macrumors regular

Quote:
I tried to upload a resume but it wouldn't let me. It was two pages long yet the site thought it was 25 pages long thus wouldn't upload it.
Wow if its that big i would consider condensing it down so you can upload it. I condensed mine down to 3 pages and heard back with in 2-3 weeks.
macrobatt is offline   0
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:18 AM   #4816
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Wow if its that big i would consider condensing it down so you can upload it. I condensed mine down to 3 pages and heard back with in 2-3 weeks.
I mean the resume was two pages long. The site thought it was too big to upload. Dunno why.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:24 AM   #4817
macrobatt
macrumors regular

Quote:
I mean the resume was two pages long. The site thought it was too big to upload. Dunno why.
PM sent
macrobatt is offline   0
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:43 AM   #4818
Squilly
macrumors 68020

I applied again using an alternative Apple ID I created. Maybe it'll help. Really want this job.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:51 AM   #4819
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Quote:
PM sent
It's really bizarre.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 10.53.15 AM.png
Views:	140
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	394633  
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:53 AM   #4820
macrobatt
macrumors regular

Quote:
It's really bizarre.
Wow yeah try the PDF thing
macrobatt is offline   0
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:54 AM   #4821
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Wow yeah try the PDF thing
It is a .pdf.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:01 AM   #4822
macrobatt
macrumors regular

Quote:
It is a .pdf.
Wow crap I donno that's crazy
macrobatt is offline   0
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:06 AM   #4823
jasminebb
macrumors newbie

* PLEASE HELP* I Applied with apple november/december of 2012. I received a email jan 24 saying I needed to update my profile on the apple site and answer the 12 questions included n the email. I completed the request same day. Jan 26th I received my first interview call. After the call i received another email stating the time and date for a 2nd phone interview. Jan 29th I had a second phone interview. She asked me a few questions,talked about pay and hours and training start date in march. At the end of the call she said she would call back in 2-3 days...well its been a week and I haven't heard anything : ( should I be worried?
jasminebb is offline   0
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:19 AM   #4824
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminebb View Post
* PLEASE HELP* I Applied with apple november/december of 2012. I received a email jan 24 saying I needed to update my profile on the apple site and answer the 12 questions included n the email. I completed the request same day. Jan 26th I received my first interview call. After the call i received another email stating the time and date for a 2nd phone interview. Jan 29th I had a second phone interview. She asked me a few questions,talked about pay and hours and training start date in march. At the end of the call she said she would call back in 2-3 days...well its been a week and I haven't heard anything : ( should I be worried?
If you discussed pay, hours and a training date, chances are you were hired. You didn't get email confirmation like the others?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:27 AM   #4825
DieOs
macrumors newbie

First Timer

New to the forum. So hey all. Like SO MANY have already said, I have read most of this forum. Not all of it, too many pages. I dont want to reiterate a lot of what people already said, so I just wanted to give some new perspective.

Couple things I notice diff. with my process then others.

i DID NOT post a Cover Letter at all.
I have NO PROFESSIONAL PC/MAC trouble shooting experience. I do have a good amount of Customer Service experience from working at Verizon.

I applied. A month later, questionnaire. then 3 PHONE interviews. Not a single facetime or skype interview. Then on the day of the 3rd interview I got my HireRight email. thats where Im at now.

Not worried about the background check as I was recently in the military and have no residence issues or otherwise.

Just wanted to post some (what I feel is)relevant information.

Look forward to a career at

Also, im going for March 18th training class.
DieOs is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion