Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisMacBookPro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
north west Nevada
First, I've been an Apple since 1991. Their products are awesome. But I've had some frustrations with upgrades lately. The most recent is iTunes.
How do I burn my own CD mixes to listen to in my car? Is that no longer possible? Also, iTunes Help doesn't work.

aaldrich

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
Same problem here..

I love Apple.. but I feel the same way. I can't figure out how to burn a CD with iTunes 11, and its help feature isn't working. Glad to know it isn't just me! How frustrating.

StingerT125

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Dutchess County New York
Do you have the option in the file menu "Burn Play list to Disk"? Or if you View the Sidebar and right click on the playlist and burn to disk.

I've always just created a playlist with the songs I wanted on the CD and then burned the CD to disk.

I just checked the iTunes help for "Burn CD" and the instructions are there.

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Yeah, just turn the Sidebar back on then burn via playlist like before. Having the Sidebar hidden looks neat (I guess) but makes iTunes more difficult to use in my opinion.

With the Sidebar on, burning is just like you're used to before.

ChrisMacBookPro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
north west Nevada
Thanks!

OMG, Thanks StringerT125, that did it. I can usually figure things out, but this one had me stumped.

Pharmscott, you're right. I just needed to turn the sidebar on. It wasn't on as a default, I guess, and I thot it was gone. Thanks!

Dablis42

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
Burning in Itunes 11.0.1

I am new here.I was frustrated with trying to figure out how to burn cd's in the upgraded iTunes and found this forum. I am completely Apple compliant with everything ,from Macbook to iPad , so I will utilize this forum as much as possible. I was able to burn a pre-school cd for my kid which will make my wife happy. Thanks for the much needed information on here on how to do it. It's different, but at least I know it can be done now.

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
Insert an empty disc; Make a Playlist; Right click it; Select Burn Playlist to Disc.

It's really easy, just make a playlist with the songs you want on your CD; put and empty disc in the disc drive; control click (Right click on windows) the playlist and select "Burn Playlist To Disc." There you go done! A CD with your favourite songs on it!

I can never understand people who say they don't understand iTunes 11, it couldn't be easier to use! (Yes I used iTunes 10 for a long time before iTunes 11)

Maxwell2

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2013
Still can't burn a CD with Itunes 11.0.1.12

Been reading this forum and following suggestions but I still can't figure out how to burn a CD in version 11.0.1.12 of ITunes. I never had a problem with version 10.x. Here are my steps:

1. I bring up a playlist and confirm it is working by playing a tune on it.
2. I insert a disc in the drive and a message comes up saying 'You’ve inserted a blank CD or DVD. To burn the items on the disc, select the playlist that contains the items you want to burn and the choose File > Burn Playlist to disk.'
3. I go to the File menu but Burn playlist is nowhere to be found. I have looked everywhere for it that I can think of. I've right clicked until I'm blue in the face and it is not appearing.

I'm about ready to give up and figure out how to get 10.x installed again. Any suggestiopns before I go that far? Is it because I'm running a PC using XP?

Maxwell2

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2013
I fixed the burning CD issue.

The 'Burn playlist to disc' message in the File menu won't appear if you are clicked on a folder. As soon as I clicked on the playllist within the folder then the 'Burn playlist to disc' message appeared. Seems like a amateur mistake now, but it took me a long time to find it!

thumbslinger

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2013
also, another way no matter w/the window is to select playlist and down in the lower left of the window, click on the gear icon and "Burn playlist to disc"

Slider123

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2013
Trouble burning disc on iTunes 11.1.3

I see where the gear wheel and burn disc option is and it allows me to do that. The pop up screen with burn speed and pause options comes up, and I click on Burn. I put in a blank CD. However, the message at the top continues to tell me "please insert a blank disc". It isn't seeing my disc.

Any advice? I know the discs I'm using are good because I've burned some on Toast.

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.