Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Mophie has announced the iPhone 5 version of its popular Juice Pack line of battery cases. The $79.95 Juice Pack Helium comes with a 1500mAh battery that can give the iPhone 5 80% more battery life, good for an estimated additional 6 hours of LTE use.

helium-stacked.jpg
Engineered with edge-to-edge protection and outfitted with 80% more battery life to keep your iPhone 5 safe and charged, the juice pack helium allows you to truly Do more(TM). Its elegant, thin design makes it the perfect accessory, easily fitting into any pocket or handbag. The enhanced forward-ported acoustics redirects the iPhone audio towards you, optimizing playback and maximizing your experience.
The dark metallic color ships on February 14th, while the silver units will ship in early March. They are available through Mophie's online store.

Article Link: Mophie Announces Juice Pack Helium for iPhone 5

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
just ordered mine. I dunno if apple is the culprit or if its mophie. why not just a lightning pass through? i flipping HATE micro usb. the stupid chip has broken in 2 other mophies I've owned.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
I had the corresponding case for my iPhone 4 and really liked it. Might get this for my iPhone 5.

My gripes with the iPhone 4 version: it used micro-usb instead of a regular dock passthrough connection. That means that I couldn't use any other accessories while using this. So I had to remove the case to use any of my other accessories. Which didn't work well if I had depleted my iPhone's battery and was using the Mophie case to charge it.

just ordered mine. I dunno if apple is the culprit or if its mophie. why not just a lightning pass through? i flipping HATE micro usb. the stupid chip has broken in 2 other mophies I've owned.

Beat me to it!

My other gripe is how much thickness it added. It made using the volume buttons difficult to use with my fat fingers. I wouldn't mind the added thickness if they had overlays for the various buttons.

spurbs

macrumors member
May 28, 2010
any idea if it will be in stores 2/14? I leave for vacation 2/15 and would really like to have it with me

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Jeez, it looks like the Juice Packs in the picture are having a particularly intense make out session.

Last edited:

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
:eek: :confused:

Coupon code given by Mophie not working on their site ... seems like they don't want to sell their new battery case !!! Way to go ... I'm not buying !!!

:cool: :mad:

I'm right there with you. I was about to pull the trigger with my 15% off and they deactivated it specifically for the iPhone 5 Helium...

misterjay

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Eh IDK...

Spending $80 on Mophie.. first time ever user here for any battery packs.. worth it?

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
Mophie is worth it but really they email me about a discount on the iPhone 5 case and the coupon code doesnt work.Great job Mophie :rolleyes:

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I got an Anker 3200mAh add-on battery pack for my 4S.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005LADF2Y?vs=1

Quite pleased with it. Not a case, just a battery pack that charges the phone via USB.

Benefits: can connect to and charge any USB phone eg Android, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S etc. Can power other things that take power via USB. Same size as iPhone and far more power than the Morphie - enough for a couple of full charges of my iPhone 4S. Cheaper than Morphie. Paid about £15 . Weighs about half of the weight of my iPhone.

I leave it home most days & only bring it when expect heavy use or plan to be away from home or if I forgot to charge my phone overnight. Been very useful so far.

JSmoove05

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2007
All this time and they cant make it with a lighting cable passthrough??? Gotta be kidding me thats really a deal breaker for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.