Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Closed Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:45 PM   #1
MacAndCheese1
macrumors newbie

Recover Deleted iPhone Backup File?

Hey there,

I have accidentally and stupidly deleted my most recent iPhone back up (iTunes -- Preferences -- Devices -- Delete Backup) that I now desperately need.

The Backup is not in the Trash bin. Is it possible to retrieve the Backup file? Does anyone know? Is it somewhere on my computer, or is it gone forever?

Thank you in advance for any help. Even if that help is, "You're screwed". At least then, I can stop looking. A solution would admittedly be better, though!
MacAndCheese1 is offline   0
Old Dec 18, 2009, 05:00 PM   #2
mtjarrett
macrumors newbie

any news

hey did you figure anything out about recovering deleted backups? apple store did the same thing to me this morning and i really need to retrieve some notes.

thanks
mtjarrett is offline   0
Old Mar 20, 2010, 03:33 AM   #3
Volatile84
macrumors newbie

any luck with retrieving the delted iPhone backup file?

I've mistakenly created a new phone account with a new name and the original backup has been automatically deleted. I need to restore with the original backup but it's no longer in iTunes. Please advise if you had any luck in retrieving or restoring the deleted backup file. Thanks!
Volatile84 is offline   0
Old Mar 20, 2010, 01:46 PM   #4
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

No one has answered, because there is no way to recover a deleted backup.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 04:57 AM   #5
nancy01
macrumors newbie

iPhone backup

Hello friends!
The iPhone backup for Mac is a tool that can easily restore all your data again. It can restore all your text messages, sound settings, definite network settings, and widget settings. The software is also capable of restoring your videos, audio, pictures, documents, contacts etc.
You can use this software to create backup for iPhones, IPod music, TV shows, and podcast iPhone to Mac.
nancy01 is offline   0
Old Feb 5, 2013, 06:43 AM   #6
chocolates
macrumors newbie

are any of these confirmed to be working? I had the same problem except I decided to set up as a new device thinking I could restore from a backup. But then it overwrote my old backup file. So now i lost all my messages, settings since i backed up to my computer instead of icloud.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:27 AM   #7
chargit
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolates View Post
are any of these confirmed to be working? I had the same problem except I decided to set up as a new device thinking I could restore from a backup. But then it overwrote my old backup file. So now i lost all my messages, settings since i backed up to my computer instead of icloud.
are you using iCloud? if so it stores several copies of your backup unless you manually delete them. go into iCloud, then storage and backup, then manage storage then you will see the backups you have saved.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:41 AM   #8
chocolates
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargit View Post
are you using iCloud? if so it stores several copies of your backup unless you manually delete them. go into iCloud, then storage and backup, then manage storage then you will see the backups you have saved.
No i never backed up to icloud before so I dont have any backup on icloud. My backup was always on my pc. :/

So does that mean I lost everything then and can't do anything about it?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:49 AM   #9
Ajaes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolates View Post
No i never backed up to icloud before so I dont have any backup on icloud. My backup was always on my pc. :/

So does that mean I lost everything then and can't do anything about it?
Yes, im afraid.
Ajaes is offline   0
Old May 21, 2013, 05:55 AM   #10
MrMacMack
macrumors 6502a

If you're on a Mac and had Time Machine on, you could recover it that way.
MrMacMack is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting