Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:58 PM   #101
PracticalMac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPanda View Post
All mine just say "One Cent". Nickels say "Five Cents". Dimes say "One Dime". Quarters say "Quarter Dollar". The few countries I have been to in Europe have numbers on them. If I didn't speak English and was trying to use change in America (on vacation for instance) I would fail miserably. I was able to use Euro coins because they had numbers on them.
I think some Conservatives want a word with you.

Dime is confusing. Should be Deci.
PracticalMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:03 PM   #102
danpass
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenzen View Post
I get that. But anonymity would only work if you converted most or all of your money into cash for purchases, bill payments, etc.

Do you really live that way?

I sure don't.

About the only purchases I make that require cash are at local farmers markets. Otherwise, I'm virtually all card. All my major monthly bills are handled through online banking. I might go the whole month with a dollar in my wallet ... if that.
During the 2005 hurricane season in south florida cash was the only medium of payment available for about 10 days.

As far as the penny goes; if they would stop printing money as if it were going out of style then inflation wouldn't have taken this type of effect.
danpass is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues