Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Feb 4, 2013, 02:00 PM   #1
0dev
macrumors 68040

UK peeps: a good one month contract phone plan that isn't Three?

I've been on Three's One Plan for a few months and, while the deal is very good, Three has spotty coverage in my area, bad customer service, and a few consistant problems. For example, my data connection often cuts out, forcing me to turn airplane mode on and off again, and although I've disabled the internet access filter it still blocks me from getting onto some sites (not all of the ones that're on the block list, just a few, go figure.)

Anyway, I'm looking to move, but here's the issue - without signing up to a long commitment, I can't find another network that offers a good deal. All I really care about is unlimited data and tethering. If I have that and just a few hundred texts and minutes I'm happy.

I've scoured the websites for T-Mobile, Orange, Vodafone and O2 and found nothing (although I want to avoid O2 anyway, they're even worse than Three for data coverage in my area). Most of their plans have limited data and, although T-Mobile do offer one 30 day plan with unlimited data, even that doesn't allow tethering.

So I ask, is there another network which can give me unlimited tethering without a long contract?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:30 PM   #2
robbieduncan

I would have said giffgaff until you said tethering...
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:57 PM   #3
0dev
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieduncan View Post
I would have said giffgaff until you said tethering...
Yeah I was on giffgaff previously but moved because they run on O2 which isn't great around here and as you said no tethering.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:17 AM   #4
andalusia
macrumors 68030

Three have terrible signal in my area too, so I got them to send me a Home Signal box which really helps.

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-...,Case=obj(5440)

might be worth a look, it's free (on loan iirc)

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion