Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:03 PM   #151
thenumbersrbad
macrumors 6502

Wish the Griffin case was out already, it's the best looking to me lol

Was supposed to be out late January but no dice yet
thenumbersrbad is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:04 PM   #152
icecrystal23
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenumbersrbad View Post
Wish the Griffin case was out already, it's the best looking to me lol

Was supposed to be out late January but no dice yet
Catalyst Lifestyle keeps saying "very soon" on their Facebook page...
icecrystal23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:56 PM   #153
wmflyfisher
macrumors member

Received the obex today in the mail. So far this thing is light years beyond the life proof. I really like it so far. I don't mind the flaps at all as long as they hold up. I'm very happy with it.
wmflyfisher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:58 PM   #154
mwashbush
macrumors newbie

I like the lifeproof
mwashbush is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:41 AM   #155
fishmd
macrumors 65816

Anyone who has this case, have you noticed that the bottom right corner of the case might not close fully when the phone is in it? This is what is happening with mine and I can't seem to figure out why. It won't stay latched there. My phone does not have anything on it. No stickers/protectors. Anyone else have this too?
fishmd is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:22 AM   #156
Cubano21
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmd View Post
Anyone who has this case, have you noticed that the bottom right corner of the case might not close fully when the phone is in it? This is what is happening with mine and I can't seem to figure out why. It won't stay latched there. My phone does not have anything on it. No stickers/protectors. Anyone else have this too?
Mine is not doing this. Call customer support, there not like LP you will get a real life person quick. They will help you.
Cubano21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:40 AM   #157
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a

The latches are very small and weak on the Obex and after you open and close the case a few times the case will no longer stay closed.

A friend said he had to call Seidio for a replacement because of this design flaw and they are sending him a new case.

I didn't have my Obex long enough to find this out on my own, this is second hand information.
Hooterville is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:24 AM   #158
HiddenPuppy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmd View Post
Mine seemed to do that at first and now it does not do it anymore. I wonder if it is a process of the foam inside getting settled in.
HiddenPuppy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:00 PM   #159
thenumbersrbad
macrumors 6502

Try snapping that side of the case first. Kind of like angle it on first and then do the rest of the case.

Mine seemed to do that at the beginning too but it doesn't anymore
thenumbersrbad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:03 PM   #160
Cubano21
macrumors member

Possibly air in the case that needs to get out. Try opening the charge port with the rubber piece out and press the case and screen a little to get the pressure out.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 01:35 PM   #161
fishmd
macrumors 65816

Thanks for some of the recommendations. I will have to try some stuff and see. If it doesn't work, I can always send back to Amazon easily enough. Interesting that others seemed to have it, but that it got better. Makes me wonder about the foam inside the case as well. As I said, it is only an issue when the phone is in the case.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 02:06 PM   #162
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a

If water can't get in the case, how does sound get out of the case?
RichardC300 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 05:52 PM   #163
puppers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC300 View Post
If water can't get in the case, how does sound get out of the case?
A membrane film. Do not ask how it works, but it does.
puppers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:07 AM   #164
Bugeyeblue
macrumors 6502

Question for you obex owners, is it hard to pull down the notification bar with this case on? Just watched a couple videos and it looks like the case blocks the top of the screen a little bit where you would swipe down to see the notification center.
Bugeyeblue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:36 AM   #165
HiRisk
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeyeblue View Post
Question for you obex owners, is it hard to pull down the notification bar with this case on? Just watched a couple videos and it looks like the case blocks the top of the screen a little bit where you would swipe down to see the notification center.
No problems here.
HiRisk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:37 AM   #166
Bugeyeblue
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRisk View Post
No problems here.
Thanks, just ordered one. I'll report back here when I get it installed and try it out.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:53 AM   #167
HiRisk
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Thanks, just ordered one. I'll report back here when I get it installed and try it out.
Made this just for you:

HiRisk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:11 AM   #168
Bugeyeblue
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRisk View Post
Made this just for you:
Haha! Awesome, thanks.

----------

Has anyone had the mute switch cover open up unintentionally? Just want to make sure it isn't a problem. I'm pretty sure my case will be getting wet once in a while.
Also, does the charger get pushed aside at all while charging by the flap? It looks in the videos like it might damage the charging port over time.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:28 AM   #169
Cubano21
macrumors member

Quote:
Haha! Awesome, thanks.

----------

Has anyone had the mute switch cover open up unintentionally? Just want to make sure it isn't a problem. I'm pretty sure my case will be getting wet once in a while.
Also, does the charger get pushed aside at all while charging by the flap? It looks in the videos like it might damage the charging port over time.
Nope, and nope. Everything stays closed and there is no pressure on the charge cable what so ever.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:47 AM   #170
Bugeyeblue
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubano21 View Post
Nope, and nope. Everything stays closed and there is no pressure on the charge cable what so ever.
Thanks for the replies. Can't wait to get mine now. I took off the insurance from my account recently and feel like this will kind of be a security blanket.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 09:17 AM   #171
HiddenPuppy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Haha! Awesome, thanks.

----------

No problem on either, I did have that issue with the Otterbox Denfender, puts a lot of pressure on the charging cable, did not like that at all. The Obex is great!!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 09:40 AM   #172
Bugeyeblue
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenPuppy View Post
No problem on either, I did have that issue with the Otterbox Denfender, puts a lot of pressure on the charging cable, did not like that at all. The Obex is great!!
That issue with my defender is the reason I asked... Glad you knew exactly what I was talking about. Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:01 AM   #173
HiddenPuppy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
That issue with my defender is the reason I asked... Glad you knew exactly what I was talking about. Thanks.
Glad to be of help, I love the Obex and the way it feels, don't have the impression I am holding a brick.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:11 AM   #174
Bugeyeblue
macrumors 6502

Can someone post a picture of a side view of the case? I can't find one online anywhere and I'm curious how those humps in the back look from the side.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:24 AM   #175
fishmd
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Can someone post a picture of a side view of the case? I can't find one online anywhere and I'm curious how those humps in the back look from the side.
I think there are some earlier in this thread with comparisons of this case with other cases as well.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories