Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:21 AM   #26
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by billthe View Post
Is there any chance that it could be some hardware installed? I never really opened it, so I cant know if there is anything.
No, your issue doesn't relate to hardware at all.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:04 PM   #27
benwiggy
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Is there any chance that it could be some hardware installed? I never really opened it, so I cant know if there is anything.
If:
* you really think that someone might go to the trouble of installing hardware spying devices INSIDE your Mac;
* you have concerns that they may have had access to sensitive commercial data:
then you need to:
* go to an IT or Security professional to get your Mac checked out
* tell the people you work for.

I'm surprised the police didn't take it more seriously: they should at the very least have taken details of the phone call and what you suspect.
However, unless you do work in some environment where corporate or state espionage is likely: I'm guessing that what you suspect would be unlikely. But even so: it needs checking out.

It is very possible that this person may just be messing with you: they may have seen your computer screen whilst you weren't looking, or you may have spoken about the trip and forgotten.
benwiggy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 09:50 PM   #28
billthe
macrumors newbie

So here I am, started to download Mountain Lion ( in order to do a clean install) and I saw in Launchpad another app waiting to be downloaded, BUT I did not purchase anything else. Here I took screen shot, check it out how it looks and please tell me what it could be?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-02 at 11.43.11 AM.png
Views:	64
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	387323  
billthe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:07 PM   #29
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
So here I am, started to download Mountain Lion ( in order to do a clean install) and I saw in Launchpad another app waiting to be downloaded, BUT I did not purchase anything else. Here I took screen shot, check it out how it looks and please tell me what it could be?
Looks like a game, however, you can hover over the icon and a tool tip should appear. Or look in the Mac App Store for any currently downloading (or awaiting download) apps.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:16 PM   #30
billthe
macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,

Guys, so yesterday I happen to open my activity monitor, and found the process IMremote url agent, I tried to Google it, but no luck at all. What that remote url connection agent can be? I did not install any remote applictations.

please share your knowledge if possilbe

Regards
BT
billthe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:23 PM   #31
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Guys, so yesterday I happen to open my activity monitor, and found the process IMremote url agent, I tried to Google it, but no luck at all. What that remote url connection agent can be?
It's IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent and it's related to the iMessage app. Nothing to worry about.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion