Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
Not Sure That It Has iTunes digital copy.

<a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16790678" target="_blank">Originally Posted by mrholder</a>

If anyone gets Skyfall Bluray/DVD/Digital Copy, can you please post if it's downloads in itunes 1080p? I'm not even sure this is available on disc yet.

Amazon has it marked for release next Tuesday.

lexk

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
Also, has anyone else noticed that the hard copy is a 12 rating but the digital copy is a PG?

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Game of Thrones S2 digital copy is HD, as would be expected with an HBO Select title.

tipp

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
Spreadsheet has been updated!

Please goto the link in my signature!

Just a heads up on Skyfall and many other digital copies I've downloaded in the past. Many times, the initial download or copy from disc (sometimes fake copy just for authentication) doesn't include iTunes Extras, but if you delete your digital copy and then redownload, you will get the Extras. This exact thing happened with Skyfall and many other movies that either didn't initially download Extras or that didn't even have Extras when first downloaded. In fact, I'd say it's rare when this doesn't work.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Interesting, I tried that exact same thing with Skyfall on day 1 and didn't get the Extras.

tipp

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
Interesting, I tried that exact same thing with Skyfall on day 1 and didn't get the Extras.

How are you redownloading? I usually delete the file from iTunes (and move to trash), then go into the purchased section of the store and redownload from there. This usually starts 2 downloads, the movie and Extras file. I'm in the US, by the way.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
How are you redownloading? I usually delete the file from iTunes (and move to trash), then go into the purchased section of the store and redownload from there. This usually starts 2 downloads, the movie and Extras file. I'm in the US, by the way.

I stand corrected, I just wasn't familiar with how the "new" iTunes embeds them with the "Watch iTunes Extras" button.

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
Skyfall digital copy was standard definition for me. I didn't pre-order the blu-ray to because I like watching substandard visuals. I created my own HD digital version instead.

Rouser

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
New Movies released 3/5. (USA)

Wreck-It Ralph Blu-ray is a SD iTunes Digital Copy that comes on a disc.

Schindler's List Blu-ray is a HD iTunes Digital Copy (8.28GB) with iTunes Extras (1.03GB). Ultraviolet is also included. Choice of Universal, Flixster, or Vudu. Vudu is HDX.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Spielberg films are really on it - I believe Indiana Jones, Jaws, E.T., Schindler's List, and anything else that has come out recently comes with an HD code and iTunes Extras.

The iTunes Extras mostly have content parity with the BluRays - I really wish other director's did this (not sure it is Spielberg doing this, but some force is)

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
I don't remember Indiana Jones coming with am HD iTunes digital copy????

Spielberg films are really on it - I believe Indiana Jones, Jaws, E.T., Schindler's List, and anything else that has come out recently comes with an HD code and iTunes Extras.

The iTunes Extras mostly have content parity with the BluRays - I really wish other director's did this (not sure it is Spielberg doing this, but some force is)

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
My mistake - the iTunes purchase had all of the extras the BluRay had - that is what I meant in that case :)

Rouser

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
New Movie released 3/12. (USA)

Life of Pi 3D Blu-ray is a SD iTunes Digital Copy that comes on a disc. Ultraviolet is also included, choice of Vudu or Flixster. My Vudu copy redeemed in HDX.

New Movies released 3/19. (USA)

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D Blu-ray does not include an iTunes Digital Copy. An Ultraviolet Digital Copy is included and redeemed in HDX on Vudu.

Zero Dark Thirty Blu-ray does not include an iTunes Digital Copy. An Ultraviolet Digital Copy is included and redeemed in HDX on Vudu.

Last edited:

starkmj

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
New Movie released 3/12. (USA)

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D Blu-ray does not include an iTunes Digital Copy. An Ultraviolet Digital Copy is included and redeemed in HDX on Vudu.

]

I bought the Hobbit on Blu Ray at Best Buy. I redeemed the UV code through Flixster.

How do I watch in HD on my ipad? I've tried three different apps - Flixster, Cinema Now and My Vudu, and they all seem to play it in SD.
The only way I get the HDX is to watch on my Samsung Blu Ray player, that has apps on it. On that, I can use the My Vudu app to watch in HDX.

But does UV not yet include any way to watch it in HD on my ipad?????

Tibbar

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2007
Should've waited for the inevitable Extended Edition.

Anyway, The Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Blu-rays allows HD downloads on iTunes. The offer might have passed now unless they refresh the codes on the voucher on newly minted sets.

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL

Anyway, The Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Blu-rays allows HD downloads on iTunes. The offer might have passed now unless they refresh the codes on the voucher on newly minted sets.

Interesting. My codes for LOTR:EE were SD.

wzz

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2013

From personal experience, WB never gave out digital copy codes redeemable in HD.
I would have to agree with emaja

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.