Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arturomartin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Hi.

Today, I found something really weird going on on my iMac. As you can see in the screenshot, the Dock icons are missing the reflections… o_O
Any ideas how to get them back? I have tried almost everything… reboot, restore persmissions, fsck, deleting the preferences, etc. but nothing worked…

Thanks in advance.

eoQI+

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
System Preferences>Dock> check bottom selection... "show indicator light for open application" I believe that's what you were asking for...
No, as those are clearly visible in the screen shot. The OP is referring to the reflections of the icons.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Hi.

Today, I found something really weird going on on my iMac. As you can see in the screenshot, the Dock icons are missing the reflections… o_O
Any ideas how to get them back? I have tried almost everything… reboot, restore persmissions, fsck, deleting the preferences, etc. but nothing worked…

Thanks in advance.
Although it will be time consuming, you could try a reinstall…

Or try and change it from 3D to 2D then back...

----------

Hmmm OP you can PM me with your email and I will send you my copy of Mountain Lion's dock (as long as you're properly updated)

arturomartin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
In the end, the only thing that worked was a reinstall… I tried switching from 2D to 3D, I tried overwriting the Dock with a friend's fresh version, etc, but anything worked.

Thanks for your comments, guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.