Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:16 PM   #1
LunchMoney
macrumors newbie

iMac rant

I've been planning to buy an iMac since 2010 and am ready to buy now but lack of new stock sent me out into the wild seeking a used machine. Lack of new stock seems to be driving the prices through the roof. Lack of a SuperDrive is sending the prices higher. Look on Craigslist and find people pricing slower used models with cracked or chipped glass over new iMacs. If it fell hard enough to break the glass I don't want to pay more than a new one costs.

Did Apple announce a new iMac too soon?
They have acknowledged that not having any product to sell is hurting the company. Who blew it here? The forum is full of how long did you wait or how long do you think it will take stories. They have been saying a few weeks since November, that was 2 months ago.
I realize rolling out a brand new model isn't easy but I can't help but think if Steve Jobs were around this wouldn't be. If I was in charge of this and bungled this badly I would expect to be fired.
Sorry for the rant, I love Apple but if they keep dropping the ball like this I'll be stuck on my old computers forever.

Last edited by LunchMoney; Feb 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Left Info out
LunchMoney is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac