Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rMBP13

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Wouldnt be neat if Apple does an iOS upgrade to allow users to open 2 apps simultaneously side-by-side? I would definitely find a use for having 2 screens opened at the same time. For example, having Safari opened as well as Pages at the same time!

Tylercr16

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2013
I would love this feature! I find myself constantly having to switch between multiple apps when doing quick research for an essay.

token787

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
Android's Note has this feature and it's awesome. Hope Apple input this soon for the iPad.

rMBP13

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
I really can't wait for this feature to be added in iOS 7 or 8 updates in the future :cool:

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
Wouldnt be neat if Apple does an iOS upgrade to allow users to open 2 apps simultaneously side-by-side? I would definitely find a use for having 2 screens opened at the same time. For example, having Safari opened as well as Pages at the same time!

I think the screens too small to have two apps open at the same time and be really useful. If I need to access safari and pages at the same time I find using a 4 finger swipe sideways to switch between the apps is a pretty fast way to do it.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Jailbreak and download the Quasar tweak :)

I've enjoyed Quasar immensly, just the ability to watch hulu while surfing is great. The Retina screen really helps with the scaled down type. On a side note, when the ipad first came out I thought that we would be able to run more than one Phone app on the same screen instead of having the single ohone app centered.

iHEGGSY

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
I've enjoyed Quasar immensly, just the ability to watch hulu while surfing is great. The Retina screen really helps with the scaled down type. On a side note, when the ipad first came out I thought that we would be able to run more than one Phone app on the same screen instead of having the single ohone app centered.

It's a fantastic app, it does cost £10 or $10 for you US boys ;)

But for what I want it to do, it's worth every penny :D

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
I think the screens too small to have two apps open at the same time and be really useful. If I need to access safari and pages at the same time I find using a 4 finger swipe sideways to switch between the apps is a pretty fast way to do it.

On the retina iPads, I don't think this would be an issue. Things would get smaller, but they wouldn't really lose significant resolution.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
On the retina iPads, I don't think this would be an issue. Things would get smaller, but they wouldn't really lose significant resolution.

They retina display would prevent things from loosing clarity but things would still loose resolution as they got smaller.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Really hope to see this in iOS7, please Apple......

You already said that.

MacRumors Rules said:
Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent. See why and how to avoid bumping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.