Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
Now you got nothing to worry about haha
Hey I started a thread about an issue I'm curently having and no replies yet. Maybe you can help? When dark the ambient light sesnsor changes the display brightness but not the keyboard I have to manually keep increasing and decreasing. I have done the smc reset and nothing. I also have the "adjust automatically" check "on". Idk what else to do

Jason99kr

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2008
Seattle, WA, USA
Hey I started a thread about an issue I'm curently having and no replies yet. Maybe you can help? When dark the ambient light sesnsor changes the display brightness but not the keyboard I have to manually keep increasing and decreasing. I have done the smc reset and nothing. I also have the "adjust automatically" check "on". Idk what else to do

I believe I have same problem too. Hmm.. But I don't use backlit that much. So I don't give that much attention for it. Did you find any other post that has same problem with us?

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
I believe I have same problem too. Hmm.. But I don't use backlit that much. So I don't give that much attention for it. Did you find any other post that has same problem with us?

i have tried SMC reset, Pram, and enter a Psudo code on terminal with a different account. im about to re-install windows. i payed 1000 for this computer its features should work!

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
Wait... Are you talking about bootcamp windows?

LOL no no my bad meant mountain lion.
you see i tested out this thing, try using your phones LED light or a flash light an point it straight to the camera. the brightness on display will go high and the keyboard backlight will turn off. pull out your phone and the keys light up and the display goes back to normal.
im testing this on dark room and as soon as turn on my room lights, boom display adjusts while keyboard stays the same (lit up).
the only way to adjust the keyboards backlight is to actually show it extreme light at the camera. i dont know what else to do.

Jason99kr

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2008
Seattle, WA, USA
LOL no no my bad meant mountain lion.
you see i tested out this thing, try using your phones LED light or a flash light an point it straight to the camera. the brightness on display will go high and the keyboard backlight will turn off. pull out your phone and the keys light up and the display goes back to normal.
im testing this on dark room and as soon as turn on my room lights, boom display adjusts while keyboard stays the same (lit up).
the only way to adjust the keyboards backlight is to actually show it extreme light at the camera. i dont know what else to do.

I don't even know what's going on lol I put backlit and monitor brightness to max, turned off the light, display brightness stays same at 100% and backlit brightness decreased to 50%....
I think backlit does not automatically shut off when you enable backlit.

for my old mid-2010 macbook pro backlit automatically turned off. (as far as I remember)

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
I don't even know what's going on lol I put backlit and monitor brightness to max, turned off the light, display brightness stays same at 100% and backlit brightness decreased to 50%....
I think backlit does not automatically shut off when you enable backlit.

for my old mid-2010 macbook pro backlit automatically turned off. (as far as I remember)

its the opposite for me lol
Light= High Display+ Same backlit
No light=low Display+ same backlight -.-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.