Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 6, 2013, 03:50 PM   #1
cyks
macrumors 68020

I still miss Inifini-D any recommendations?

Over the past 20 years, I have used practically every 3D application under the sun, but, in the past 5 or so years, my needs have drastically changed and I have moved away from them all.

At this point, not only do I have no desire to relearn the latest version of Maya or Lightwave, but I can not justify the price for either.

What I need is something similar to how Infini-D was... incredibly simple, easy to use, and powerful enough with the bare basics.

I'm looking to make some overly rough pre-visualization shots comprising of mostly primitives and a simple model or two and want to be able to quickly drop everything in a scene, possibly move one or two objects on a path, and be done with it. I don't want to have to deal with settings, lighting, atmospheric effects, or anything else.

I've heard decent enough reviews about Blender a few years ago, is that still the reigning champ for ease (and certainly price)?
cyks is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics