Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r0d3nt

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2008
I'm hoping that the graphics drivers have been updated to work better with Unreal Engine based games [Dungeon Defenders, I'm looking at you]. If that's one thing I didn't count on being a problem when updating from Lion was that Mountain Lion was going to be having so many issues with graphics intensive games.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
I know that.

Silly blue person. I was testing Safari on MY computer.

:p

you should be thankful I can't send you an iMessage though.

;)
I tried to send it in an iMessage to someone and it did nothing.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I tried to send it in an iMessage to someone and it did nothing.

Let me get this straight.

you used 10.8.3 build 12D65 to send an iMessage to another computer running 10.8 and above ( excluding the latest build ) and it did nothing ?

I mean sent to another "computer" not an IOS device.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
isnt this the most betas for any OS X release? :rolleyes:

im not counting on it getting released to the public this week or even next week for that matter.. wouldnt be surprised to see a beta 11

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Let me get this straight.

you used 10.8.3 build 12D65 to send an iMessage to another computer running 10.8 and above ( excluding the latest build ) and it did nothing ?

I mean sent to another "computer" not an IOS device.

Close. I used a 10.8.2 machine to send the file bug to a 10.8.2 machine. It didn't crash messages on either of our machines. Not sure why.

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
I wonder if they'll fix the huge Safari memory leak, or maybe allow it to display animated gif without it going nucking futs all over the screen.

MacAddict2000

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2005
Shutdown times appeared faster a few builds back, but seem slow once again. Although, they don't appear to be as slow as 10.8.2.

I'm seeing a few new bugs I haven't seen in previous builds.
I had duplicate cursers on my screen a moment ago.
Every time I log out, the desktop picture freezes in the middle of fading to the fabric background of the Login Window. Very jarring.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Shutdown times appeared faster a few builds back, but seem slow once again. Although, they don't appear to be as slow as 10.8.2.

I'm seeing a few new bugs I haven't seen in previous builds.
I had duplicate cursers on my screen a moment ago.
Every time I log out, the desktop picture freezes in the middle of fading to the fabric background of the Login Window. Very jarring.

File a bug report.

noiseordinance

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2012
I wonder if they'll fix the huge Safari memory leak, or maybe allow it to display animated gif without it going nucking futs all over the screen.

I hate to say it, but "this". Safari is a damn wreck. On the 4 rMBPs I've used, all four have the gif anomalie above, as well as wrecked CSS rendering on many websites, and going back a page yields a white screen. It's so bad that I use the slower, clunkier Chrome as my browser of choice. The thing is, internet browsing comprises the vast majority of people's computer usage, so why these problems still exist is beyond me. I have a hard time caring about slow boot times when I currently find web browsing to be more fun on my phone than on this $2k machine.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I hate to say it, but "this". Safari is a damn wreck. On the 4 rMBPs I've used, all four have the gif anomalie above, as well as wrecked CSS rendering on many websites, and going back a page yields a white screen. It's so bad that I use the slower, clunkier Chrome as my browser of choice. The thing is, internet browsing comprises the vast majority of people's computer usage, so why these problems still exist is beyond me. I have a hard time caring about slow boot times when I currently find web browsing to be more fun on my phone than on this $2k machine.

I wonder why some people have so many issues with Safari? I haven't had any issues for a good while now. Enjoying it tremendously on my new 2012 iMac as well. I also never shut my computer down, so I'd notice if something were amiss on my end.

noiseordinance

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2012
I wonder why some people have so many issues with Safari? I haven't had any issues for a good while now. Enjoying it tremendously on my new 2012 iMac as well. I also never shut my computer down, so I'd notice if something were amiss on my end.

From what I understand, the faulty CSS rendering is specific to the retina Macs (not sure if on the 13", but definitely on the 15"). Browser resets fix the problem for about 30-60 minutes. I also notice it doesn't seem to happen upon first loading, but secondary loading gets mangled, making me think it's corrupt browser cache or something. I'm no browser pro though. I just know it's extremely painful, and obvious even on a clean install with no third-party apps. :/

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
From what I understand, the faulty CSS rendering is specific to the retina Macs (not sure if on the 13", but definitely on the 15"). Browser resets fix the problem for about 30-60 minutes. I also notice it doesn't seem to happen upon first loading, but secondary loading gets mangled, making me think it's corrupt browser cache or something. I'm no browser pro though. I just know it's extremely painful, and obvious even on a clean install with no third-party apps. :/

Ahh I see. Well I can't speak for the Retina MBPs, so if there's an issue there, I hope it gets fixed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.