Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
The available keyboards for the iPad Mini is already too thin for me. They should just let it like that. Another reduction to its thickness and it may result to being easily broken.

The magnetic keyboard covers (full ipad and Mini) from Logitech and Belkin all look to have aluminum shells (not painted plastic). I wouldn't go around dropping them, but they shouldn't be too easy to break.

Wetworks

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2008
Just picked this up for my new Mini. It is exactly what I wanted, very happy with it overall. I've had a bit of an adjustment to typing on a smaller keyboard, but as a person with big hands I am pleasantly surprised at how quickly I've adapted. Perfect for light schoolwork (what I am using it for) or similar tasks.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Just picked this up for my new Mini. It is exactly what I wanted, very happy with it overall. I've had a bit of an adjustment to typing on a smaller keyboard, but as a person with big hands I am pleasantly surprised at how quickly I've adapted. Perfect for light schoolwork (what I am using it for) or similar tasks.

I'm 'debating' between the Zagg7 and the Logitech. The Logitech is so much smaller and the left tab key requires 2 keys.

j_maddison

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2003
Nelson, Wales
I'm 'debating' between the Zagg7 and the Logitech. The Logitech is so much smaller and the left tab key requires 2 keys.

I'd stay clear of the Logitech, mine arrived today and it's pretty much almost unusable for me, predominantly down to a few design flaws.

The A key is oversized, and it would have been a better idea to use that space to allow for more space for the ; & keys. They're far too cramped, to the point of them just not being usable, I'm faster on the onscreen keyboard. Also the backspace key is too small, a few less function keys, which are just gimmicks when you have a touch screen right in front of you, would have been a better design choice.

I have pretty small hands, I'm five six in height and my hand size is proportional.

They keyboard itself is beautiful, very well put together and aesthetically it just blends in so well with my iPad mini (Both keyboard and case are white).

kamala29

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2014
kamala - That keyboard looks slick

I really loved this,It looks very nice, Big screen.
I am definitely anxious to try this.When closed it makes a very secure easy to carry solution for those who like having a keyboard.Not the greatest typing experience.Especially at these prices, they aren't worth it.Best site as follows.
Try it and Enjoy your self.

http://www.idevicegadget.com/10011

Kamala

pietrov

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
If the next iPad mini (or even iPad) has a keyboard case like the Surface I will pick one up for sure (I don't want a bluetooth keyboard with batteries etc). The only neat thing about the Surface is the thin keyboard case

Surface... what? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.