Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
Awesome. Thank you.

Any way to get rid of those two new buttons? :D
If I could do that and have my "tap to open" notifications back I would be happy.

When you have it set to widgets on your lock screen it looks like the icons move from the top right below the clock to the bottom right above the lock slider. I've found it's easiest to just place a finger anywhere on that bar at the bottom if in widgets and slide it up to get to your notifications and you can slide it back down to get back to widgets

Cubs Fan

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Is there any way to get new notifications (new e-mails, texts, etc.) on the same screen that has the weather, calendar, etc? As of now, when I get a new e-mail, for example, I can access it by either clicking the notification logo at the bottom of the screen or the e-mail logo at the bottom of the screen. But in either case, the bar with those logos moves to the top of the screen and the calendar, etc. go away.

iWeekend

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Ok...here are all my settings to get it to look like previous post
Main page
hide ch Batt- on
tap to launch -off
show on lock- widgets
badge filter icons-on
show widget icon-on

then on the actual widgets
WEATHER
widget notification center -on
view in lock screen-on
show clock-on
show weather-off

snip. .

thanks. works.

actually had it working earlier but between (not) sliding the yahoo! weather widget and getting the double clock annoyance, I was stuck.

thanks again.

starstreak

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2004
keep my calender list openmhow much to show

How do I keep my calender list open when I press my power button? When I press my power button I get my lockinfo screen, but the calender is always minimized? I have to press the little black icon to open the view. Which is OK, but still that's one button more than I had to do before.

And I can't seem to figure out the difference between Show and Time Period in the Calendar Notifications and Widgets screen.
I set time period to 3 days, but it still shows more days than that in LockInfo and Notifications screen. If I use Show 5 or 10, it seems to show that many stuff on my calendar but if I had it set for 3 days, but show 10, it'll show like a weeks forth of stuff.

I miss lockinfo 4 or 3. Whatever it was called way back when I had my IPhone 4s.

Ent

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
Whew! Has anyone experienced the iPhone wonk-out I did after installing the LockInfo version that was released in the last hour?

me! I did a hard reset after the install, and my lock screen became tiny!!! It seems that one of my Winterboard themes caused it so i disabled it..

robots3humans0

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
London, Ontario
How do I keep my calender list open when I press my power button? When I press my power button I get my lockinfo screen, but the calender is always minimized? I have to press the little black icon to open the view. Which is OK, but still that's one button more than I had to do before.

And I can't seem to figure out the difference between Show and Time Period in the Calendar Notifications and Widgets screen.
I set time period to 3 days, but it still shows more days than that in LockInfo and Notifications screen. If I use Show 5 or 10, it seems to show that many stuff on my calendar but if I had it set for 3 days, but show 10, it'll show like a weeks forth of stuff.

I miss lockinfo 4 or 3. Whatever it was called way back when I had my IPhone 4s.

In the Lockinfo settings if you set "Show on Lock" to "Widgets" it'll show your widget section when you wake the device (this includes your calendar). You'll have to minimize that section to view your alerts, though.

dblue4life

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012

What your gonna wanna do is go to Setting--> LockInfo --> Show On Lock--> Select Widgets. Once you do that you should be ready to go. If you don't want the little widget icon showing up the the left the notification center icon turn it off so only the notification one appears with any other app icon that you get notifications on. Swipe up and down the Notification bar to switch between widgets and notification but once you lock your phone the calendar widget will show the next time you turn it on.

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Ok...here are all my settings to get it to look like previous post
Main page
hide ch Batt- on
tap to launch -off
show on lock- widgets
badge filter icons-on
show widget icon-on

then on the actual widgets
WEATHER
widget notification center -on
view in lock screen-on
show clock-on
show weather-off
show song title?-off
media controls-show time
layout-symmetric

CALENDAR
notification center-on
badge app icon -on
calendar alerts-alert
view in lock screen-on
wake device-on
view in status bar-on
previews-on
time period-14 days

Messages and other stuff you can do to your preferences,hope this helps,I have no idea how the different combos of these settings work,but this is what i did.

Ok. I'm seriously getting lost at how Lockscreen is working. I cannot get the 6 day weather below the Clock and Current weather no matter what I do. I have my settings exactly as you do, and this is what I get instead (see attachment). I get a double version of the Clock and current weather.

The other issue I'm having is sometimes when I get a text message, it shows correctly under the Notifications page (clicking the icon at the bottom), but other times, it shows under the Widgets page, right above where the Calendar events are as well as ALSO on the Notifications page. It's like it sometimes gets confused as to whether it should be shown under the Notifications or the Widget. Anyone else experiencing this?

Attachments

• IMG_3726.PNG
    IMG_3726.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Ok. Nevermind the question on the 6 day view. Didn't realize it was a side swipe option to go back and forth from current time/weather to the 6 day view. However, I cannot get the top banner to be the current weather/time/location, and the lower banner to be the 6 day view. Once I lock the phone, and come back, they both revert to whatever the last one was that I set.

However, the question on the Text Messages sometimes showing as Notifications, and sometimes showing under the Widget tab, still stands.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Ok. Nevermind the question on the 6 day view. Didn't realize it was a side swipe option to go back and forth from current time/weather to the 6 day view. However, I cannot get the top banner to be the current weather/time/location, and the lower banner to be the 6 day view. Once I lock the phone, and come back, they both revert to whatever the last one was that I set.

However, the question on the Text Messages sometimes showing as Notifications, and sometimes showing under the Widget tab, still stands.

Any thoughts?
That is the same problem I'm having. I want the top banner to be the time / date / current weather while the bottom is the multiple-day forecast.

I can manually swipe either one to get what I want, but as soon as I turn the screen off / press the sleep button then turn it on again, it reverts to having both the same thing:

collagexb.jpg

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
That is the same problem I'm having. I want the top banner to be the time / date / current weather while the bottom is the multiple-day forecast.

I can manually swipe either one to get what I want, but as soon as I turn the screen off / press the sleep button then turn it on again, it reverts to having both the same thing:

Yeah, I can't seem to find a workaround that gives both at the same time either. The best I can get is like the first screenshot below, and then I just have to side swipe the 6 day view to see current, and vice versa.

With regards to my second question above in my previous post, here's two screenshots of what I'm experiencing. See in the first screen shot, I'm on the Widget page, and the text messages are showing up above the calendar (which gets pushed down). I know the ordering of text first and calendar second has to do with the order in which I have the Notifications settings set up for, but my issue isn't the order, but the fact that if I click on the Notification icon at the bottom, and go to the Notification page in LockInfo (second screenshot), I also see the Text Messages shown there too. When I first installed LockInfo, it was showing me weather and calendar on the Widgets page, and Notifications (including text messages) on the Notifications page. Now, for some reason, I'm getting the same text messages showing on both pages. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Widgets Pic.png
    Widgets Pic.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • Notifications Pic.png
    Notifications Pic.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 104

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
I like the update!

Two more things, and I'll shut my trap haha.

- NC on homescreen
- Ability to hide the filter bar, or re-design the filter bar so that it takes up less room (don't have a clear suggestion here, yet)

Thanks for the updates, David. :)

One bug: The notification icon shows in the status bar even when there are no notifications.

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
I like the update!

Two more things, and I'll shut my trap haha.

- NC on homescreen
- Ability to hide the filter bar, or re-design the filter bar so that it takes up less room (don't have a clear suggestion here, yet)

Thanks for the updates, David. :)

One bug: The notification icon shows in the status bar even when there are no notifications.

I agree 100% with your second comment. I would love for the filter bar disapear when there are no notifications. Having that one notification widget on all the time is killing my lockscreen :)

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Bug: Some options, especially showing weather on the lock screen, need to be set each time after re-spring.

vtmikevt

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
Yeah, I can't seem to find a workaround that gives both at the same time either. The best I can get is like the first screenshot below, and then I just have to side swipe the 6 day view to see current, and vice versa.

With regards to my second question above in my previous post, here's two screenshots of what I'm experiencing. See in the first screen shot, I'm on the Widget page, and the text messages are showing up above the calendar (which gets pushed down). I know the ordering of text first and calendar second has to do with the order in which I have the Notifications settings set up for, but my issue isn't the order, but the fact that if I click on the Notification icon at the bottom, and go to the Notification page in LockInfo (second screenshot), I also see the Text Messages shown there too. When I first installed LockInfo, it was showing me weather and calendar on the Widgets page, and Notifications (including text messages) on the Notifications page. Now, for some reason, I'm getting the same text messages showing on both pages. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Any thoughts?

So it's JUST happening with your messages? No other notifications (like emails) are showing with the widgets?

vtmikevt

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
sorry for the double post. I'm quitting on Lockinfo 5 for now.

I'm going to try Intelliscreen X.

My biggest problem with Lockinfo is that it's really not even information (info) based anymore. It's just notifications on your lockscreen (which iOS already does) and a few (broken) widgets.

My favorite things about the old lockinfo was access to my unread emails (gone, only shows notifications) and my twitter feed (broken).

and....before I even finished filling out this post, Intelliscreen is AWESOME!

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010

Any thoughts?

Ok, I guess it's true. Give someone a little time, and they are likely to figure it out on their own. Just figured out the answer to my question above. The reason I'm seeing the text messages showing on the Widgets page and the Notifications page is cause I have the Text Messsage Notification Alert Style setting set for Banner. If I change the setting to None, I no longer get the messages in the Widget page AND the Notifications page, just in the Notifications page. See the screenshots.

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • photo 3.PNG
    photo 3.PNG
    146.4 KB · Views: 78

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
So it's JUST happening with your messages? No other notifications (like emails) are showing with the widgets?

Actually, I just got a notification from another app, and it's showing in the Widget page too. It relates to my update above. I think I have to go through and determine whether I want Banners on/off, but I'm not sure how that's going to affect my phone when I'm not viewing the lockscreen? If I'm working with the phone inside an app or game, and a notification comes, am I not going to get a notification now, if Alert Style is None instead of Banner?

Off to test further....

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
It's kind of funny that you're complaining about this, while the rest of us got what we asked for haha. Hopefully he makes a toggle or something.

Shrek1970

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Australia
in the above screen shots in the status bar near the battery level indicator there is a white square with a white circle inside, what it that? I had it tonight and could not work out how to get rid of it without rebooting.

antisoma

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
Well some progress is being made with the recent update.

We can now hide "slide to unlock". Although, you have to set an Activator action so you can still unlock the device. I can't find an Activator action that mimics the normal motion you make to unlock so this is a bit different from before.

It is unintuitive that notification center and banner settings impact what and how stuff is displayed on the lock screen. That needs to change.

The next changes/options I would like to see:

- notifications and widgets not separated (and no black transparency behind them)
- Reduce the font size for stuff shown on lockscreen, give us an option (or does anyone not the .plist for this?)

I want it to look like this:

photo-8.png

But would settle for this:

photo-6.png

----------

in the above screen shots in the status bar near the battery level indicator there is a white square with a white circle inside, what it that? I had it tonight and could not work out how to get rid of it without rebooting.

Settings - Lockinfo - Status Bar - Push notifications

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
Well some progress is being made with the recent update.

We can now hide "slide to unlock". Although, you have to set an Activator action so you can still unlock the device. I can't find an Activator action that mimics the normal motion you make to unlock so this is a bit different from before.

It is unintuitive that notification center and banner settings impact what and how stuff is displayed on the lock screen. That needs to change.

The next changes/options I would like to see:

- notifications and widgets not separated (and no black transparency behind them)
- Reduce the font size for stuff shown on lockscreen, give us an option (or does anyone not the .plist for this?)

I want it to look like this:

But would settle for this:

----------

Settings - Lockinfo - Status Bar - Push notifications

How did you remove the bar that holds the widgets in the middle of the page?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.