Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
OP, I have written a special strategy for you should you experience this hostile encounter again in your lifetime

Hater: I hate Apple

You: You mad bro?

Hater: what no?

You: Yeah you mad bro

Yao-ming-meme.jpg

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
"I don't like Apple. I hate Apple."

Why do people feel the need to announce that?

These are actual haters. I've never experienced anything like it that people feel like it's okay to say, I don't like Apple. Whenever I do something. Or whenever I pull out my phone.

I have recieved alot of verbal abuse from random *******s, why do they feel like they have to announce that they don't like Apple?

I guess Apple must have hurt them in some way? It just really puts me at a loss, I don't do anything to deserve it.

People are also crazy, I've had people giving me business cards to get my iPhone 5. "Call me if you need me."

I will not hesitate to start calling people out on this nonsense. I will not take it any more.

to help you alleviate any remaining haters I recommend you go to a seedy part of town, preferably at night. Then pull out your iphone and go up to anyone you see and tell them that they are just jealous and haters because they cant afford an iphone, it can also help to point at them and use some colorful expletives. that should solve your problem.

Iphull

macrumors member
May 16, 2011
to help you alleviate any remaining haters I recommend you go to a seedy part of town, preferably at night. Then pull out your iphone and go up to anyone you see and tell them that they are just jealous and haters because they cant afford an iphone, it can also help to point at them and use some colorful expletives. that should solve your problem.

Good advice. Also, don't let those annoying street lights detract from the screen's brightness and clarity. Move down the darker part of the street.

Be sure to wear your glasses and suspenders. I don't know why that would help, but it will.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
You wanna see abuse? Ya oughtta hang out on the Windows 8 forum and see how the MS fanboys treat MS fanboys that don't happen to like 8. Rough crowd over there. :)

Sadly, I used to be one of those. But worse: I was a fanboy of Windows Vista before Vista came out. Couldn't understand why people were hating on it so much.

Then I spent $495 on the Vista Ultimate upgrade 64-bit. The day it came out. Worst waste of money EVER.

A month later, I had my very own MacBook Pro.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
You should meet the pro apple crowd

There really is a "Highlander"-esque sentiment among tech fans of any sort, but Apple vs IBM might have been the first. The idea that "there can be only one!" is terribly ingrained in the internet, as a result. Even Steve Jobs himself, ironically, noticed it and called out Apple for it when he came back to the company in 1997, and announced the partnership with Microsoft, with $150 million in stock being bought by Microsoft as a sign that Redmond believed that Apple would survive.

Steve's change of heart was't long-lived, or maybe not even genuine, as years later he would vow to go "thermonuclear" on Google's Android platform for perceived infractions on Apple's intellectual property, hence the long, world-wide series of lawsuits against Samsung, et al. Lessons were learned by Steve-O after trusting Gates in the 70's and 80's, and I suppose he focused on the wrong ones (protect the **** that got you here at all costs).

Also, you can't discount the human love for a good fight. We don't have the Coliseum anymore, nor its accompanying barbarians, and for some, these tech battles are the equivalent of the Super Bowl, the NCAA Tournament, the Stanley Cup, and the World Cup, all rolled into one.

Will it end? Probably not. Not until we change on a fundamental level.

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009

These are actual haters. I've never experienced anything like it that people feel like it's okay to say, I don't like Apple. Whenever I do something. Or whenever I pull out my phone.

I have recieved alot of verbal abuse from random *******s, why do they feel like they have to announce that they don't like Apple?

I guess Apple must have hurt them in some way? It just really puts me at a loss, I don't do anything to deserve it.

People are also crazy, I've had people giving me business cards to get my iPhone 5. "Call me if you need me."

I will not hesitate to start calling people out on this nonsense. I will not take it any more.
The same reason Apple users abuse Android users. Get over it.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
A lot of this verbal abuse comes from so-called Linux users. And I'm like, what the? I don't even know what Linux is. Dude, stop talking to me.
Linux is for little girls. Real men with beards use Unix. And MacOS X is fully POSIX 2003 compliant Unix. :D

----------

lol @ verbal abuse. "I hate Apple" is child's play compared to the stuff Apple users spew about Samsung.

Do they walk up to Samsung users and insult them? Don't think so.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Does this really happen?!?! In real life?

If I was using my iPhone and a random person said "I don't like Apple" I'd just say oookaaaay? in a manner that made them feel stupid.

I have a hard time believing I can go all this time and no one even hint at this yet you get it frequently. I'd suggest isolating yourself from these types of people imaginary or not...

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
A lot of this verbal abuse comes from so-called Linux users. And I'm like, what the? I don't even know what Linux is. Dude, stop talking to me.

But Android users are the worst. They have a chip on their shoulder and will not hesitate to tell you why they don't like you because you have an Apple phone. Don't you dare pull it out in front of them.

I know a prof all pro Linux/Unix, and praises Apple all the time. Any time he can, he bashes Microsoft. Know what I do? I just grin because I know it's what he does. No need to bring up this drama in this forum, it doesn't matter. Apple fanboys are just as bad at this thing. I use all OS'es. If someone asks me for my opinion, I tell them what I think on my experience. I own Windows computers, and Mac computers. I also installed, compiled and configured software on Linux computers. I use an OS based on what I want to do, not what is hip.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011

I am glad that you have made this first step in telling us about the situations you are going through. Its always tough getting any type of verbal abuse, if its your phone, or your prius or if you support the lakers or if you dont. I am glad you will stick up to bullies. Just remember you have made the first step in progress by not giving in. Do you have an adult or anyone you can talk to, about your experiences?

Lunchb0x8

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Quirindi, NSW, AU
I am of the firm belief that if your device does what you want it to, you have the right device.

If I have a friend or colleague ask me what to get, I ask what they want to do with it, and recommend accordingly.

Apple gear does what I want, so I tend to lean towards it for most things, but I have never gotten abusive about it.

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
I was highly skeptical of what the OP said in this thread and just didn't believe it at first. But something happened the other day to change my mind.

I was coming out of a McDonalds the other day and three guys started berating me about using an iPhone and things eventually got out of hand. They really did a number on me and I just got out of the hospital.

Here's a pic of these thugs in case any of you ever come across them.

revenge-of-the-nerds_zps8335cdce.jpg

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
Lol I tell them:

"I'm going to study computer engineering and get a job as a Hardware Engineer at Apple and if you don't buy their products, you will be beaten by RAM sticks" :D:p:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.