Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:36 PM   #201
swordfish5736
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belle View
Send a message via AIM to swordfish5736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke1ington View Post
Awesome. Thank you.

Any way to get rid of those two new buttons?
If I could do that and have my "tap to open" notifications back I would be happy.
When you have it set to widgets on your lock screen it looks like the icons move from the top right below the clock to the bottom right above the lock slider. I've found it's easiest to just place a finger anywhere on that bar at the bottom if in widgets and slide it up to get to your notifications and you can slide it back down to get back to widgets
__________________
swordfish5736 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:37 PM   #202
Cubs Fan
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Is there any way to get new notifications (new e-mails, texts, etc.) on the same screen that has the weather, calendar, etc? As of now, when I get a new e-mail, for example, I can access it by either clicking the notification logo at the bottom of the screen or the e-mail logo at the bottom of the screen. But in either case, the bar with those logos moves to the top of the screen and the calendar, etc. go away.
Cubs Fan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:39 PM   #203
dma550
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CT
awesome, thanks for letting us know - was waiting for that to J/B.
dma550 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:17 PM   #204
iWeekend
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvboy View Post
Ok...here are all my settings to get it to look like previous post
Main page
hide ch Batt- on
tap to launch -off
show on lock- widgets
badge filter icons-on
show widget icon-on

then on the actual widgets
WEATHER
widget notification center -on
view in lock screen-on
show clock-on
show weather-off


snip. .
thanks. works.

actually had it working earlier but between (not) sliding the yahoo! weather widget and getting the double clock annoyance, I was stuck.


thanks again.
__________________
2012 Mac Mini i7
Late 2013 13" rMBP
iPad 5
iWeekend is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:30 PM   #205
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68020
 
From A Buick 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ky Close to CinCinnati
There was an update, not sure what it did though.
__________________
Homemade Interocitor, iPad 4iPhone 5 32GB Black & Slate, iPod Touch 4th and 5th Gen, iPad 1st gen, iPhone 4, Two Apple TV's, -- 21.5-inch: 3.2GHz Intel Core i3 iMac.
From A Buick 8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:44 PM   #206
BrianBaughn
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Whew! Has anyone experienced the iPhone wonk-out I did after installing the LockInfo version that was released in the last hour?
__________________
Brian Baughn
Baughn Consulting
Baltimore, MD
BrianBaughn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:29 PM   #207
starstreak
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
keep my calender list openmhow much to show

How do I keep my calender list open when I press my power button? When I press my power button I get my lockinfo screen, but the calender is always minimized? I have to press the little black icon to open the view. Which is OK, but still that's one button more than I had to do before.

And I can't seem to figure out the difference between Show and Time Period in the Calendar Notifications and Widgets screen.
I set time period to 3 days, but it still shows more days than that in LockInfo and Notifications screen. If I use Show 5 or 10, it seems to show that many stuff on my calendar but if I had it set for 3 days, but show 10, it'll show like a weeks forth of stuff.


I miss lockinfo 4 or 3. Whatever it was called way back when I had my IPhone 4s.
__________________
Laptops: A Compaq-A Toshiba-Dell Inspiron 8300-Inspiron 8500-Inspiron 8600-Dell XPS2-Apple 12in PB-Sony sz360-Sony sz110-sz120-15in MBP-sz160-Asus G1-Asus G51v-Apple 15in MBPR
starstreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:41 PM   #208
Ent
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaughn View Post
Whew! Has anyone experienced the iPhone wonk-out I did after installing the LockInfo version that was released in the last hour?
me! I did a hard reset after the install, and my lock screen became tiny!!! It seems that one of my Winterboard themes caused it so i disabled it..
Ent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:43 PM   #209
robots3humans0
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstreak View Post
How do I keep my calender list open when I press my power button? When I press my power button I get my lockinfo screen, but the calender is always minimized? I have to press the little black icon to open the view. Which is OK, but still that's one button more than I had to do before.

And I can't seem to figure out the difference between Show and Time Period in the Calendar Notifications and Widgets screen.
I set time period to 3 days, but it still shows more days than that in LockInfo and Notifications screen. If I use Show 5 or 10, it seems to show that many stuff on my calendar but if I had it set for 3 days, but show 10, it'll show like a weeks forth of stuff.


I miss lockinfo 4 or 3. Whatever it was called way back when I had my IPhone 4s.
In the Lockinfo settings if you set "Show on Lock" to "Widgets" it'll show your widget section when you wake the device (this includes your calendar). You'll have to minimize that section to view your alerts, though.
robots3humans0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:51 PM   #210
dblue4life
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstreak View Post
How do I keep my calender list open when I press my power button? When I press my power button I get my lockinfo screen, but the calender is always minimized? I have to press the little black icon to open the view. Which is OK, but still that's one button more than I had to do before.

And I can't seem to figure out the difference between Show and Time Period in the Calendar Notifications and Widgets screen.
I set time period to 3 days, but it still shows more days than that in LockInfo and Notifications screen. If I use Show 5 or 10, it seems to show that many stuff on my calendar but if I had it set for 3 days, but show 10, it'll show like a weeks forth of stuff.


I miss lockinfo 4 or 3. Whatever it was called way back when I had my IPhone 4s.
What your gonna wanna do is go to Setting--> LockInfo --> Show On Lock--> Select Widgets. Once you do that you should be ready to go. If you don't want the little widget icon showing up the the left the notification center icon turn it off so only the notification one appears with any other app icon that you get notifications on. Swipe up and down the Notification bar to switch between widgets and notification but once you lock your phone the calendar widget will show the next time you turn it on.
dblue4life is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:26 PM   #211
kmichalec
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvboy View Post
Ok...here are all my settings to get it to look like previous post
Main page
hide ch Batt- on
tap to launch -off
show on lock- widgets
badge filter icons-on
show widget icon-on

then on the actual widgets
WEATHER
widget notification center -on
view in lock screen-on
show clock-on
show weather-off
show song title?-off
media controls-show time
layout-symmetric

CALENDAR
notification center-on
badge app icon -on
calendar alerts-alert
view in lock screen-on
wake device-on
view in status bar-on
previews-on
time period-14 days

Messages and other stuff you can do to your preferences,hope this helps,I have no idea how the different combos of these settings work,but this is what i did.
Ok. I'm seriously getting lost at how Lockscreen is working. I cannot get the 6 day weather below the Clock and Current weather no matter what I do. I have my settings exactly as you do, and this is what I get instead (see attachment). I get a double version of the Clock and current weather.

The other issue I'm having is sometimes when I get a text message, it shows correctly under the Notifications page (clicking the icon at the bottom), but other times, it shows under the Widgets page, right above where the Calendar events are as well as ALSO on the Notifications page. It's like it sometimes gets confused as to whether it should be shown under the Notifications or the Widget. Anyone else experiencing this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3726.PNG
Views:	31
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	395082  
__________________
iPhone 5, 64GB, TMo, Black; iPhone 5, 16GB, TMo, Black
iPhone 4S, 64GB, White, Used as iPod
2 @ iPad Mini WiFi 32GB, Black; 1 iPad3 WiFi + 4G, 64GB, Verizon, Black

Last edited by kmichalec; Feb 6, 2013 at 11:23 PM.
kmichalec is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:48 PM   #212
kmichalec
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Ok. Nevermind the question on the 6 day view. Didn't realize it was a side swipe option to go back and forth from current time/weather to the 6 day view. However, I cannot get the top banner to be the current weather/time/location, and the lower banner to be the 6 day view. Once I lock the phone, and come back, they both revert to whatever the last one was that I set.

However, the question on the Text Messages sometimes showing as Notifications, and sometimes showing under the Widget tab, still stands.

Any thoughts?
__________________
iPhone 5, 64GB, TMo, Black; iPhone 5, 16GB, TMo, Black
iPhone 4S, 64GB, White, Used as iPod
2 @ iPad Mini WiFi 32GB, Black; 1 iPad3 WiFi + 4G, 64GB, Verizon, Black

Last edited by kmichalec; Feb 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM.
kmichalec is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 04:27 AM   #213
Synomenon
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmichalec View Post
Ok. Nevermind the question on the 6 day view. Didn't realize it was a side swipe option to go back and forth from current time/weather to the 6 day view. However, I cannot get the top banner to be the current weather/time/location, and the lower banner to be the 6 day view. Once I lock the phone, and come back, they both revert to whatever the last one was that I set.

However, the question on the Text Messages sometimes showing as Notifications, and sometimes showing under the Widget tab, still stands.

Any thoughts?
That is the same problem I'm having. I want the top banner to be the time / date / current weather while the bottom is the multiple-day forecast.

I can manually swipe either one to get what I want, but as soon as I turn the screen off / press the sleep button then turn it on again, it reverts to having both the same thing:

Synomenon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:24 AM   #214
kmichalec
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synomenon View Post
That is the same problem I'm having. I want the top banner to be the time / date / current weather while the bottom is the multiple-day forecast.

I can manually swipe either one to get what I want, but as soon as I turn the screen off / press the sleep button then turn it on again, it reverts to having both the same thing:

Image
Yeah, I can't seem to find a workaround that gives both at the same time either. The best I can get is like the first screenshot below, and then I just have to side swipe the 6 day view to see current, and vice versa.

With regards to my second question above in my previous post, here's two screenshots of what I'm experiencing. See in the first screen shot, I'm on the Widget page, and the text messages are showing up above the calendar (which gets pushed down). I know the ordering of text first and calendar second has to do with the order in which I have the Notifications settings set up for, but my issue isn't the order, but the fact that if I click on the Notification icon at the bottom, and go to the Notification page in LockInfo (second screenshot), I also see the Text Messages shown there too. When I first installed LockInfo, it was showing me weather and calendar on the Widgets page, and Notifications (including text messages) on the Notifications page. Now, for some reason, I'm getting the same text messages showing on both pages. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Widgets Pic.png
Views:	37
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	395127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Notifications Pic.png
Views:	38
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	395128  
__________________
iPhone 5, 64GB, TMo, Black; iPhone 5, 16GB, TMo, Black
iPhone 4S, 64GB, White, Used as iPod
2 @ iPad Mini WiFi 32GB, Black; 1 iPad3 WiFi + 4G, 64GB, Verizon, Black
kmichalec is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:18 AM   #215
Dorkington
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I like the update!

Two more things, and I'll shut my trap haha.

- NC on homescreen
- Ability to hide the filter bar, or re-design the filter bar so that it takes up less room (don't have a clear suggestion here, yet)

Thanks for the updates, David.

One bug: The notification icon shows in the status bar even when there are no notifications.
Dorkington is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:32 AM   #216
Jnardis
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkington View Post
I like the update!

Two more things, and I'll shut my trap haha.

- NC on homescreen
- Ability to hide the filter bar, or re-design the filter bar so that it takes up less room (don't have a clear suggestion here, yet)

Thanks for the updates, David.

One bug: The notification icon shows in the status bar even when there are no notifications.
I agree 100% with your second comment. I would love for the filter bar disapear when there are no notifications. Having that one notification widget on all the time is killing my lockscreen
Jnardis is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:39 AM   #217
Dorkington
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Bug: Some options, especially showing weather on the lock screen, need to be set each time after re-spring.
Dorkington is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:46 AM   #218
vtmikevt
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmichalec View Post
Yeah, I can't seem to find a workaround that gives both at the same time either. The best I can get is like the first screenshot below, and then I just have to side swipe the 6 day view to see current, and vice versa.

With regards to my second question above in my previous post, here's two screenshots of what I'm experiencing. See in the first screen shot, I'm on the Widget page, and the text messages are showing up above the calendar (which gets pushed down). I know the ordering of text first and calendar second has to do with the order in which I have the Notifications settings set up for, but my issue isn't the order, but the fact that if I click on the Notification icon at the bottom, and go to the Notification page in LockInfo (second screenshot), I also see the Text Messages shown there too. When I first installed LockInfo, it was showing me weather and calendar on the Widgets page, and Notifications (including text messages) on the Notifications page. Now, for some reason, I'm getting the same text messages showing on both pages. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Any thoughts?
So it's JUST happening with your messages? No other notifications (like emails) are showing with the widgets?
vtmikevt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:00 AM   #219
vtmikevt
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
sorry for the double post. I'm quitting on Lockinfo 5 for now.

I'm going to try Intelliscreen X.

My biggest problem with Lockinfo is that it's really not even information (info) based anymore. It's just notifications on your lockscreen (which iOS already does) and a few (broken) widgets.

My favorite things about the old lockinfo was access to my unread emails (gone, only shows notifications) and my twitter feed (broken).

and....before I even finished filling out this post, Intelliscreen is AWESOME!
vtmikevt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:01 AM   #220
kmichalec
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmichalec View Post
Yeah, I can't seem to find a workaround that gives both at the same time either. The best I can get is like the first screenshot below, and then I just have to side swipe the 6 day view to see current, and vice versa.

With regards to my second question above in my previous post, here's two screenshots of what I'm experiencing. See in the first screen shot, I'm on the Widget page, and the text messages are showing up above the calendar (which gets pushed down). I know the ordering of text first and calendar second has to do with the order in which I have the Notifications settings set up for, but my issue isn't the order, but the fact that if I click on the Notification icon at the bottom, and go to the Notification page in LockInfo (second screenshot), I also see the Text Messages shown there too. When I first installed LockInfo, it was showing me weather and calendar on the Widgets page, and Notifications (including text messages) on the Notifications page. Now, for some reason, I'm getting the same text messages showing on both pages. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Any thoughts?
Ok, I guess it's true. Give someone a little time, and they are likely to figure it out on their own. Just figured out the answer to my question above. The reason I'm seeing the text messages showing on the Widgets page and the Notifications page is cause I have the Text Messsage Notification Alert Style setting set for Banner. If I change the setting to None, I no longer get the messages in the Widget page AND the Notifications page, just in the Notifications page. See the screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.PNG
Views:	33
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	395142   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.PNG
Views:	28
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	395143   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.PNG
Views:	32
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	395144  

__________________
iPhone 5, 64GB, TMo, Black; iPhone 5, 16GB, TMo, Black
iPhone 4S, 64GB, White, Used as iPod
2 @ iPad Mini WiFi 32GB, Black; 1 iPad3 WiFi + 4G, 64GB, Verizon, Black
kmichalec is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:04 AM   #221
kmichalec
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmikevt View Post
So it's JUST happening with your messages? No other notifications (like emails) are showing with the widgets?
Actually, I just got a notification from another app, and it's showing in the Widget page too. It relates to my update above. I think I have to go through and determine whether I want Banners on/off, but I'm not sure how that's going to affect my phone when I'm not viewing the lockscreen? If I'm working with the phone inside an app or game, and a notification comes, am I not going to get a notification now, if Alert Style is None instead of Banner?

Off to test further....
__________________
iPhone 5, 64GB, TMo, Black; iPhone 5, 16GB, TMo, Black
iPhone 4S, 64GB, White, Used as iPod
2 @ iPad Mini WiFi 32GB, Black; 1 iPad3 WiFi + 4G, 64GB, Verizon, Black
kmichalec is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:19 AM   #222
Dorkington
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
It's kind of funny that you're complaining about this, while the rest of us got what we asked for haha. Hopefully he makes a toggle or something.
Dorkington is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:23 AM   #223
Shrek1970
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Australia
in the above screen shots in the status bar near the battery level indicator there is a white square with a white circle inside, what it that? I had it tonight and could not work out how to get rid of it without rebooting.
__________________
IPhone 4S 32GB
iOS 6.1 with evasi0n JB
Shrek1970 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:28 AM   #224
antisoma
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Well some progress is being made with the recent update.

We can now hide "slide to unlock". Although, you have to set an Activator action so you can still unlock the device. I can't find an Activator action that mimics the normal motion you make to unlock so this is a bit different from before.

It is unintuitive that notification center and banner settings impact what and how stuff is displayed on the lock screen. That needs to change.

The next changes/options I would like to see:

- notifications and widgets not separated (and no black transparency behind them)
- Reduce the font size for stuff shown on lockscreen, give us an option (or does anyone not the .plist for this?)

I want it to look like this:



But would settle for this:



----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek1970 View Post
in the above screen shots in the status bar near the battery level indicator there is a white square with a white circle inside, what it that? I had it tonight and could not work out how to get rid of it without rebooting.
Settings - Lockinfo - Status Bar - Push notifications
antisoma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:29 AM   #225
Jnardis
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by antisoma View Post
Well some progress is being made with the recent update.

We can now hide "slide to unlock". Although, you have to set an Activator action so you can still unlock the device. I can't find an Activator action that mimics the normal motion you make to unlock so this is a bit different from before.

It is unintuitive that notification center and banner settings impact what and how stuff is displayed on the lock screen. That needs to change.

The next changes/options I would like to see:

- notifications and widgets not separated (and no black transparency behind them)
- Reduce the font size for stuff shown on lockscreen, give us an option (or does anyone not the .plist for this?)

I want it to look like this:

Image

But would settle for this:

Image

----------



Settings - Lockinfo - Status Bar - Push notifications
How did you remove the bar that holds the widgets in the middle of the page?
Jnardis is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad: Cydia and all cydia apps disappear Bignate210 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 3 Apr 30, 2014 08:47 AM
Cydia crashes after uninstalled Cydia Installer BiancaNg Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 2 Mar 29, 2013 02:34 AM
iPhone: Problem With Possible BiteSMS in Cydia? Can't Remove or Install Any Cydia Apps... hlbenning Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 0 Oct 19, 2012 02:42 PM
General: Useful applications in Cydia - Cydia Tweaks LiviutzuAs Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 3 Oct 13, 2012 10:33 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC