Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:47 AM   #1
djshack
macrumors regular

Mail Taking Up 54.2 MB (But I Have No Mail!)

I used to use iCloud email, and finally gave up on it. I deleted EVERY SINGLE MESSAGE, emptied the trash, and double-checked on the web interface. Zero messages in iCloud whatsoever.

Yet, my iPhone reports that mail is taking up 54.2 MB of iCloud storage space (same as it was when I had all my email on iCloud).

Has anyone else encountered this? Perhaps Apple doesn't actually delete email immediately, despite me having emptied the trash? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
djshack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:02 PM   #2
AppleDeviceUser
macrumors 6502

First, why did you stop using iCloud email? It's the best email service I have used! (I have used hotmail, gmail, mail.com, yahoo, etc.) Try deleting from iCloud.com if you haven't already, if that doesn't work try waiting a few day's it might take a little while to delete. I hope it works for you
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:29 PM   #3
djshack
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDeviceUser View Post
First, why did you stop using iCloud email? It's the best email service I have used! (I have used hotmail, gmail, mail.com, yahoo, etc.) Try deleting from iCloud.com if you haven't already, if that doesn't work try waiting a few day's it might take a little while to delete. I hope it works for you
I've switched back to Gmail for a variety of reasons, the primary one being that I'm switching to Windows for my primary work computer, and iCloud's website leaves quite a bit to be desired.

I've deleted every single folder and email message in my entire iCloud account, which leads me to believe that there's a delay on Apple's end.
djshack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:38 PM   #4
AppleDeviceUser
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshack View Post
I've switched back to Gmail for a variety of reasons, the primary one being that I'm switching to Windows for my primary work computer, and iCloud's website leaves quite a bit to be desired.

I've deleted every single folder and email message in my entire iCloud account, which leads me to believe that there's a delay on Apple's end.
Ok I see, that makes sense. Yeah I think you're right, if it doesn't delete after a few days I would do a restore. (If you don't mind setting everything up again that is) I hope it works for you!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services