Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:15 AM   #1
djsb29
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Dashboard X Help Me

Installed Dashboard X.. and I downloaded the Clock Widget for Dashboard X

I can only enable it on the dashboard and not on my home screen, only 3 of the default widgets show up on the home screen section..

Weirdly,

Ive removed dashboard X... but a "long hold" on the screen still loads up the widgets screen!

Help me!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsb29 View Post
Installed Dashboard X.. and I downloaded the Clock Widget for Dashboard X

I can only enable it on the dashboard and not on my home screen, only 3 of the default widgets show up on the home screen section..

Weirdly,

Ive removed dashboard X... but a "long hold" on the screen still loads up the widgets screen!

Help me!
Okay so my mistake, i had iWidgets installed..

removed that, reinstalled dashboard x...

and now... I cant enter the home screen widgets!! i go into jiggle mode, click in an empty space, no luck.

----------

fixed. please delete.
djsb29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Travisimo
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I see you fixed your problem, but instead of creating another thread, I thought I'd post my Dashboard X problem here instead...

I have Dashboard X installed and have successfully enabled the weather widget. However, whenever I shut my screen off and then turn it back on, the widget disappears. I have to respring for it to come back. If I just try to add the widget again without respringing, then I end up having two widgets on top of each other when I respring.

So I can't figure out why it keeps disappearing? Any ideas?
Travisimo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:08 PM   #3
monderick
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisimo View Post
I see you fixed your problem, but instead of creating another thread, I thought I'd post my Dashboard X problem here instead...

I have Dashboard X installed and have successfully enabled the weather widget. However, whenever I shut my screen off and then turn it back on, the widget disappears. I have to respring for it to come back. If I just try to add the widget again without respringing, then I end up having two widgets on top of each other when I respring.

So I can't figure out why it keeps disappearing? Any ideas?
likely a bug, the exact same issue occurs for me as well.
monderick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:10 PM   #4
Adutrumque
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by monderick View Post
likely a bug, the exact same issue occurs for me as well.
Ori has commented on this. Getting fixed next week.
Adutrumque is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:31 PM   #5
fongyuen
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
tacking on another question, do your widgets seem to progressively shift leftward? i would set them in the bottom middle of the screen and either through entering then exiting an app, or turning from landscape to portrait mode and back, and then the widgets would get off-center. anyone else?

edit: i should mention that this is on my ipad 4. didn't see that this thread was for iphone. but on my iphone, the music widget also just keeps disappearing.
__________________
17" Penryn MBP (late 2008), 6 gb ram, 256 gb Crucial M4 SSD, hi-res glossy
iPhone 5 32gb black
13" Macbook Air (2013), 1.3 i5, 8gb ram, 256gb hdd

Last edited by fongyuen; Feb 7, 2013 at 02:47 PM.
fongyuen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:13 PM   #6
T5BRICK
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oregon
I am also having a similar issue.

If I lock my phone without first returning to the home screen, leaving Facebook and then pushing the sleep button for example, the widgets don't appear when I unlock the phone and press home to get return to the home screen.

If I first exit the app, lock the phone and unlock it, the widgets load fine.
T5BRICK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:19 PM   #7
Adutrumque
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5BRICK View Post
I am also having a similar issue.

If I lock my phone without first returning to the home screen, leaving Facebook and then pushing the sleep button for example, the widgets don't appear when I unlock the phone and press home to get return to the home screen.

If I first exit the app, lock the phone and unlock it, the widgets load fine.
Yes, as I stated this is an addressed issue. Ori postponed the fix of this, most likely due to a hard code or just different priorities!

I've also heard he's working on getting the widgets to take place, that is, having the physical form on the springboard as well and not just overlapping.

I'm looking forward to all of this.
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:27 PM   #8
T5BRICK
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adutrumque View Post
Yes, as I stated this is an addressed issue. Ori postponed the fix of this, most likely due to a hard code or just different priorities!

I've also heard he's working on getting the widgets to take place, that is, having the physical form on the springboard as well and not just overlapping.

I'm looking forward to all of this.
I actually posted a slightly different issue. Either way, I searched a couple times to see if this was a known issue and came up with nothing.

Where do you see that the developer is working on a fix?
T5BRICK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:34 PM   #9
Adutrumque
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5BRICK View Post
I actually posted a slightly different issue. Either way, I searched a couple times to see if this was a known issue and came up with nothing.

Where do you see that the developer is working on a fix?
If you pledge time on contact it's proving result.
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:55 AM   #10
Adutrumque
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden
A patch has been fully submitted to Cydia now. I think it's out, let me check.

GTrends has been updated with an offline mode. That's great.

And there is no evidence of DashboardX atm but I guess saurik missed it somehow. Also, the host is unreachable.

Last edited by Adutrumque; Feb 12, 2013 at 05:07 AM.
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Dashboard roycemac OS X Mavericks (10.9) 1 Mar 4, 2014 05:05 PM
change dashboard background AND dashboard background tile in mission control ? anonymous4a OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 0 Aug 18, 2013 03:01 PM
dashboard wont open and no com.apple.dashboard.plist files in preference pitipur Mac Basics and Help 0 Dec 7, 2012 07:43 PM
Dashboard ccf OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 3 Sep 19, 2012 07:50 PM
Dashboard X 2.0 BrokeTechLover Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 0 Aug 3, 2012 03:08 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC