Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheesebanana

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
any more photos of the blue?

the ones I've seen make it look like its kind of glossy compared to the kind of matte of the silver one

leinadhok

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
Yeah, I screwed up 3 of them. The two that I was able to successfully put on didn't do the trick. I suspect that I would have needed at least 3 stickers to get any semblance of tactile feedback. I barely get that "click" with the electrical tape.

No click (tactile feedback) on mine (without any sticker) too but really responsive.

Gooter

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Chicagoland
Anyone have any pictures of the black and silver on a black iphone? Thinking of going with that one over the black and black/slate one.

Also, regarding no click/tactile feedback on the power button, is it really necessary to have a "click" when you power on/off the device? Isn't the visual cue (whether your phone is on or off) enough? Disclaimer: I've always had the click so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. :p

leinadhok

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
Anyone have any pictures of the black and silver on a black iphone? Thinking of going with that one over the black and black/slate one.

Also, regarding no click/tactile feedback on the power button, is it really necessary to have a "click" when you power on/off the device? Isn't the visual cue (whether your phone is on or off) enough? Disclaimer: I've always had the click so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. :p

They have it on their product page.

Not sure if the click is a must, been working fine since day one so am fine with it.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA

Go to gadget mac website for a review. It shows a sliver one on a black iPhone.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
That was fast, indeed!

I snagged one yesterday while it still said Feb 8th. Hopefully the order really went through. I"m crossing my fingers that this will be the final case I buy for this phone.

Received mine today.

Coming from the Caze thinedge(going to girlfriend), the PS flat bumper is wider but has fantastic build quality. The Caze thinedge is really thin(lol) but it starts to discolor(which I cleaned however) and it has a little "give" on the side where the clip is. Thankfully it came with two clips so this wasn't a big issue. Now I had the silver version so this might be the reason why. The thinedge is still a great bumper..however..

The PS flat bumper is literally the best bumper. I used to have a Spigen bumper and it felt cheap. The PS is plastic and rubber too but in no way does it feel cheap. It has a nice matte feel that feels good too. The color matching with the black iphone(black bumper) is pretty surprising. Most cases just go for a straight black but this has a blue hue similar to the back of the iPhone, which is truly appealing to the eyes.

Concerning the power button responsiveness. I did have a slight issue where it would work but there'd be no click. I put on the sticker tabs afterwards though and now I get pretty good clicks. The volume buttons had no issues out the box. Comparing to the caze thinedge, you have to practically dig your finger into the grooves where the volume and power buttons were. So thats another point to the PS flat bumper.

Overall I give the PS flat bumper a 4.5 out of 5 because its expensive and is a little wide. By no means does that mean the case is bulky however. Owners will know what I'm talking about. If wideness is a concern for you, then I suggest staying away completely from Spigen bumpers and try Caze. Otherwise its

1.PS Flat Bumper
2.Caze

Last edited:

leinadhok

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013

... The color matching with the black iphone(black bumper) is pretty surprising. Most cases just go for a straight black but this has a blue hue similar to the back of the iPhone, which is truly appealing to the eyes.

Couldn't agree more.

It's details like that that makes this case so awesome :D

jonxwilliams

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
Received mine today.

(snip)

1.PS Flat Bumper
2.Caze

Thanks for the impressions. I'm super excited as well. I caved on the amazon purchase mostly due to the quality of the color matching with my black iphone 5.

I hope my order actually goes through...it still says "shipping soon". Fingers crossed!

bananataffy

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
anybody have the white + silver version of this bumper? any opinion on whether it gets dirty/discolors easily? trying to decide between this and a clear Air Jacket for the white iPhone.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
anybody have the white + silver version of this bumper? any opinion on whether it gets dirty/discolors easily? trying to decide between this and a clear Air Jacket for the white iPhone.

The type plastic PS uses won't stain or discolor, similar to Spigen but without that cheap feel.

bananataffy

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
The type plastic PS uses won't stain or discolor, similar to Spigen but without that cheap feel.

figured that. what i'm worried about though is the grey lining that sticks out on the front and back. i believe it's made out of rubber? i wonder if that part gets dirty or stains permanently.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Thanks for the impressions. I'm super excited as well. I caved on the amazon purchase mostly due to the quality of the color matching with my black iphone 5.

I hope my order actually goes through...it still says "shipping soon". Fingers crossed!

Did you get your bumper yet ? I just got mine today and I'm loving it !

jonxwilliams

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
Did you get your bumper yet ? I just got mine today and I'm loving it !

Not yet. I ordered on the 6th and it appeared to go through as my item shipped on the 8th! It's scheduled to arrive at home today and I'm very excited.

What color did you get (and for what iPhone color)?

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Not yet. I ordered on the 6th and it appeared to go through as my item shipped on the 8th! It's scheduled to arrive at home today and I'm very excited.

What color did you get (and for what iPhone color)?

Yeah , I ordered on the 6th as well . I got one day shipping since I have a Amazon prime and only charge $3.99 and arrived yesterday . Anyways , yes I got the black one . Previously ordered the black & silver but returned it . The black looks way better on my black iPhone 5 ! Feedback with the buttons is great and the matte finish the the bumper matches very well with the black ip5. Happy customer .

jonxwilliams

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
Yeah , I ordered on the 6th as well . I got one day shipping since I have a Amazon prime and only charge $3.99 and arrived yesterday . Anyways , yes I got the black one . Previously ordered the black & silver but returned it . The black looks way better on my black iPhone 5 ! Feedback with the buttons is great and the matte finish the the bumper matches very well with the black ip5. Happy customer .

I'm very excited. This is the longest, most boring work-day ever for an iPhone case-addict. I'm hoping this will be the last case I buy for this gen.

Did you use the front and/or back protectors? I'm curious to know their quality. I've got a Best Skins Ever back (and side - but won't use that as it might make the bumper not fit) at home and I'm trying to figure out which to go with. I also have a nice Oleophobic SGP screen protector, but it's slightly askew and If the PS has no rainbow effect I might try that one to get a better alignment.

Gooter

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Chicagoland

Just curious as to why you returned the black/silver? Didn't care for the color combination? I was thinking the black/silver would look nice, kind of like an iMac, but that is only based on the pictures.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
I'm very excited. This is the longest, most boring work-day ever for an iPhone case-addict. I'm hoping this will be the last case I buy for this gen.

Did you use the front and/or back protectors? I'm curious to know their quality. I've got a Best Skins Ever back (and side - but won't use that as it might make the bumper not fit) at home and I'm trying to figure out which to go with. I also have a nice Oleophobic SGP screen protector, but it's slightly askew and If the PS has no rainbow effect I might try that one to get a better alignment.

Yep, I know how that goes . Longest day ever lol. I'm using it without the protectors and looks great. I never use screen protectors though. I always keep my iPhone pristine without them(knocking on wood as I type) But what I've read, the screen protectors that come with this bumper are really good quality though.

----------

Just curious as to why you returned the black/silver? Didn't care for the color combination? I was thinking the black/silver would look nice, kind of like an iMac, but that is only based on the pictures.

Color combination. Just preference. Quality is great don't get me wrong. My wife personally liked it, but I wasn't too happy with it. Black just fit like a globe, the black combination is to perfection in my opinion.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
FYI, if you guys have trouble with volume or power button responsiveness, a single piece of scotch tape,(cut down a little), will do the trick. Had a little issue with my volume buttons after a few days but the tape did the trick. Very responsive and "clicky".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.