Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I've bitten the bullet a couple of times and purchased from these eBay suppliers that ship from Asia and sell for dirt cheap. Predictable results. Shoddy quality, horrendously long shipping times. I'd rather just spend extra and go with a known brand. At least there's usually good quality control and good customer service.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I've bitten the bullet a couple of times and purchased from these eBay suppliers that ship from Asia and sell for dirt cheap. Predictable results. Shoddy quality, horrendously long shipping times. I'd rather just spend extra and go with a known brand. At least there's usually good quality control and good customer service.

I'm guessing you didn't even read the first post and just posted this by reading the title. The one mentioned in this thread has been getting stellar reviews and the quality is better than some of the US case sellers.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California

This case is very good and your are wrong about this case. Thank you.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
just received mine today and noticed it's different than the op's. I ordered from the same eBay link.

Mine has no lip that covers the smart cover magnets to hold it in place. The smart cover can be taken on and off.

I like the case better this way actually. Nice surprise. Cannot beat it for the money!! Overall nice fit and the feel is nice. For $1.99 delivered, it really is a bargain.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Whoa, that's great news. I hope mine is the same way. Thanks for the info.

EDIT* Received mine today, but it's like the OP's. The Smart Cover is held on. I'd assume that the first orders got the SC held on until they ran out of supply. I'll order the gray one once it's back in stock to see if I can get one without the Smart Cover holders.

just received mine today and noticed it's different than the op's. I ordered from the same eBay link.

You did order it from the same link? I'm only trying to confirm before I contact the seller about getting one without the Smart Cover latches.

Last edited:

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I want the SC holders. Hope mine doesn't come like the above.

I would also like the trans. grey when back in stock, but wont order another if it comes that way.

Blk98Cobra

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012

I would also like the trans. grey when back in stock, but wont order another if it comes that way.

Likewise. I ordered mine on the 28th of January and I'm still waiting. Hopefully it comes I'm this week lol

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Whoa, that's great news. I hope mine is the same way. Thanks for the info.

EDIT* Received mine today, but it's like the OP's. The Smart Cover is held on. I'd assume that the first orders got the SC held on until they ran out of supply. I'll order the gray one once it's back in stock to see if I can get one without the Smart Cover holders.

You did order it from the same link? I'm only trying to confirm before I contact the seller about getting one without the Smart Cover latches.

yup, same link as the OP. They still show the other style of case on the eBay auction.

----------

Likewise. I ordered mine on the 28th of January and I'm still waiting. Hopefully it comes I'm this week lol

I ordered my case on Jan 31. I opted for the fast delivery. Was an extra $2.09. I got it on Feb 9.

I also ordered a clear case from the same seller, same day, but went with the free standard shipping. That's due to arrive around Feb 20.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010

What colors did you order? I got the black one and would be willing to trade if either of you get the one without the Smart Cover holders as mine has them and I prefer mine to not have them.

Blk98Cobra

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012
What colors did you order? I got the black one and would be willing to trade if either of you get the one without the Smart Cover holders as mine has them and I prefer mine to not have them.

I got the black, grey, and clear. Ya I'll let ya know as soon as they come in.:D

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
UK
Off topic slightly but I ordered an iPad Mini smart cover off eBay and it locks the iPad when I put the cover all the way round the back... Is that normal? haha

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Off topic slightly but I ordered an iPad Mini smart cover off eBay and it locks the iPad when I put the cover all the way round the back... Is that normal? haha

On a naked iPad? Yes, the smart cover will stick to the back.

*edit* Oh it 'locks' the iPad screen. It shouldn't do that.

Last edited:

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013

Not just slightly off topic, completely and utterly off topic :p

But yeah, the magnet is too strong, so not normal for a real Smart Cover

Blk98Cobra

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012
Got mine today and really like them! I thought I had got the smoked one but apparently I didn't order it. I got 2 black matte cases (not clear) and one frost clear one. The 2 black matte cases do NOT have the smart cover holders which I am kind of disappointed with. The frost clear case DOES have the smart cover lock which I really really like! I guess I'll have to wait for a smoked one with the lock holders when they have them back in stock:(

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
I really like the material and texture of this cover.

This has to be the closest back cover I can find that worked like the incipio feather case I had with my ipad 2 & 3. It solves the problem with the smart cover for the ipad mini be so weak in terms in it's attachment to the ipad. I really like it and especially for $2.99 I purchased about 4 of them.

gooberwilson

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2012
Canada
Interested in picking one of these up but they're out of stock on clear, gray and black. Have they run out before? And how long did it take to restock them?

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I still haven't received mine. It's been over a month now. eBay buyers protection might be getting some use on this one, even for $2. Or some bad feedback in the least.

*edit*

Jumped the gun. case came today. It DOES NOT have the SC holders. But that's ok because the Maikai case and SC came today and does have the holders.

Last edited:

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
just received my 2nd case today. It's the white frosty finish and it has the tabs for the smart cover (cannot remove smart cover when case is on). My previous dark smoky case did not have the tabs.

The overall quality, fit and finish seem less than my first black/smoky case. For $1.99 it is still a killer deal. I opted for the slow shipping this time and it took about 4 weeks to arrive.

Attachments

• IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 181

Blk98Cobra

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012
I want a locking smokes case damn it! Lol. I asked the seller when they would be in but no reply yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.