Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 7, 2013, 05:18 PM   #1
CyrusOz
macrumors regular

Transfer from Camera to iMovie

I haven't had to do any video transfer or editing on Imac before so I'm a little lost. I recently videoed a friends seminar (poor lighting and audio but acceptable) and she has asked me to put it on DVD for her.

I transferred it to Imovie via the standard cable that came with the camera which looks like this onehttp://www.ylmart.com/jvc-everio-gz-hm550-cable.html. The quality isn't as good as I had hoped for, despite the fact that it was on the highest qulity recording setting and it's supposed to be HD. The video is large in size and hen I view it, it's pretty much a full imac screen but the resolution and grain appearances is poor. The video camera is a JVC everio HDD gz-hm550 and it just dawned on me that perhaps there was another cable I could use to transfer the video at a higher quality.... perhaps this one http://www.ylmart.com/mini-hdmi-to-hdmi-cable.html but i can't really tell if my Imac has that kind of cable slot

Can anybody please tell me if i'm stuck with the quality of the video I have or if there is another way to transfer it at a higher quality?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

CyrusOz
CyrusOz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video