Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Piss. I couldn't find my reservation info in my email from last month, so I clicked "reserve now" (or whatever) on the app.

Just found the reservation info in a text message; can't figure out how to get back to the "front" screen where it asks for a reservation number or if you want to reserve now. Tried uninstalling and rebooting to no avail. Just goes back to reservation countdown screen. Ideas?
Tap and hold on the grayed out mailbox icon.

You can thank me later ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 73

interconnect

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007
Yeah, ummm no thanks. I'm not handing over my GMail username and password. While the app looks nice, does it support multiple accounts, unified inbox, etc.? It didn't look like it. Sparrow and the GMail app are still my top picks.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Someone hasn't read their privacy policy. :rolleyes:

To play devil's advocate, though, if you cared about privacy you probably wouldn't use be using GMail in the first place. ;)

People over the do the whole privacy thing. Want privacy? Get off the internet.

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/7/3961544/mailbox-app-for-iphone-inbox-unchained

Many questions somewhat answered here.

While I'm withholding judgement until I try it, I do very much like the idea of re-thinking email. There is so much that could be done...

I'll give it a go; I'm still not entirely convinced this is it.

They're spot on with GTD being too disciplined. Most people just aren't like that. It's why most budget planning apps on the AppStore are also crap. They try to duplicate your bank statement; which means you either need to enter every single thing you spend or you need to do a lot of 'reconciling' which resets the balance but leaves you with no transactions and nothing to do in the app.

They're not planning apps at all - they just duplicate your bank statement, which you can get online these days anyway. That's why there are millions of them (and I must have downloaded almost all of them), and everyone I know has downloaded one at some point; but none of those people actually use them. It's the same thing with GTD apps and todo planners and that. In fact, in an informal survey I found the default Notes app to be the most popular todo app. Nothing beats simple.

Anyway, not to go too OT, these 'life planning' apps are all too rigid and don't fit real life.

Does this app do it? Meh... I'm not sure. Simply delaying things to pop up earlier isn't really going to change anything IMO. I'll reserve judgement until the 300-odd thousand people ahead of me have passed theirs.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
The app LOOKS great, but with 140K people ahead of me (and I "registered" weeks ago), it'll be 3-4 weeks before I actually get to use the app.

No thanks. I'm simply not waiting that long. Poor roll out, IMHO.

Mike84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I have noticed that the numbers in front of me are moving much faster. Perhaps they are slowly increasing the speed of people with access.

BlueParadox

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
While I really like the interface of this app, I think this waiting-in-line method to sign-up is a load of crap. At the end of the day it's simply a dreadful and disrespectful way to create some (much needed) hype by having people regularly check their progress, as well as generating some word of mouth publicity.

As someone wrote on twitter early - this will probably be the most quickly deleted app ever. And it's now gone from my phone. Simply not worth it.

kugino

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2003
i still think sparrow is notifications short of being the perfect email app for me...i use it with the boxcar notifications workaround and it's been great. interested to try out mailbox, but not that optimistic...

robloomis

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2011
I signed up for the waiting list last month, but couldn't find my code anywhere (I'd forgotten that they sent it in a text message). So I just got into the end of the line when I downloaded the app. Now that I've found my reservation code, there doesn't appear to be any way to enter it once you've entered the queue. I've tried deleting/reinstalling and that didn't work. Any ideas?

Same boat as you man! Sucky.

UPDATE:
Figured out how to enter it again per the instructions above.... still 177K back.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Too bad my iPhone 5 has such a cramped little screen.

Not much room to swipe. Sounds like a good app though.

Just one more reason its time for Apple to stop thinking small :)

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
448k people in line. No thanks, i'm not that desperate for a new mail app and rerouting through your servers is already sketchy enough.

Maybe next time launch when you're actually ready.

*Deletes app*

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
sigh another email app paying for advertising w/out being called advertising. :rolleyes:

amundln

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2012
Seriously, it's not like you actually have to STAND in the line! Just leave the app on your phone, allow push notifications, and it will notify you when it's ready.

I think this take on email is really interesting, and the app seems really well thought out. I'm sure it's not perfect, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

iampaulb

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2012
London
Seriously, it's not like you actually have to STAND in the line! Just leave the app on your phone, allow push notifications, and it will notify you when it's ready

+1 Totally what i was thinking. Mine is sitting on my phone, when its ready its ready. Mail.app does me just fine for the time being

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.