Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:01 PM   #26
steve2112
macrumors 68040

I have an Asus Zenbook, and I love the thing. It looks as good as an Air, but has a better display and better ports.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Asus-Zenbook-Prime-UX31A.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	387263  
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:57 AM   #27
76ShovelHead
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterKeeks View Post
I like the direction Vizio is going, but I've heard that the trackpad is horrible.
Thumb resize.
Those new Vizio's are beautiful. It's a shame they don't run OS X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcroft View Post
I've always been a fan of Dell's Ultrasharp line of monitors.

Me too. I have one
Old Jan 2, 2013, 04:49 AM   #28
macquariumguy
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to macquariumguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by katewes View Post
I'll answer the question with a question: If you have, say, 30,000 photos all stored in iPhoto, and you want to remove all those 30,000 photos out of iPhoto into normal folders such as you have in Finder. Sure, you can drag and drop each photo, but how do you do that for 30,000 photos? Say you're sick of Apple, and want to switch to Microsoft (just for argument's sake, not trolling), how do you do that?
Find the iPhoto library (probably in your Pictures folder). Right click it and select "Show Package Contents" then look for the folder called "Masters." Your original pictures are in there in the original camera format.

Alternatively, you can use the "Reveal in Finder" command in the File menu within iPhoto to open the folder to an exact spot.
macquariumguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:20 AM   #29
Middleman-77
macrumors member

For me I'd have to say the yet-to-be-released 2013 Amiga 1000 from Commodore USA....(this pic is from their Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/CommodoreUSA?fref=ts )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amigaa1000-2012.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	387424  
Middleman-77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:43 PM   #30
Melab
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middleman-77 View Post
For me I'd have to say the yet-to-be-released 2013 Amiga 1000 from Commodore USA....(this pic is from their Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/CommodoreUSA?fref=ts )
Looks nice, but the legs are too different from the rest of the chassis. Is this what they looked like? Amiga is well before my time.
Melab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:02 PM   #31
Middleman-77
macrumors member

No, that's a new machine!
Middleman-77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:44 AM   #32
Melab
macrumors regular

The Acer Aspire S7 looks especially nice with the glossy white panel embedded in the display's metal frame. It's a bonus that the bezel isn't different from it.
Thumb resize.
The Verge shows a variation here.
Melab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:13 PM   #33
dumb terminal
macrumors member

I'm a big fan of the HP Elitebook series. They aren't as nice as MBPs, but they are definitely solidly built, and a great value for the money.

Here's my work laptop, an Elitebook 9470m "Folio" 14". It's the perfect size, a dream to use, even has a rubberized lid in case you're carrying it without a case

dumb terminal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 05:27 PM   #34
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb terminal View Post
I'm a big fan of the HP Elitebook series. They aren't as nice as MBPs, but they are definitely solidly built, and a great value for the money.

Here's my work laptop, an Elitebook 9470m "Folio" 14". It's the perfect size, a dream to use, even has a rubberized lid in case you're carrying it without a case

Me to, I'm a real big fan of elitebooks everything you need including a smart card reader.
GermanyChris is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion