|Feb 8, 2013, 08:58 AM||#1|
Maybe getting a MacBook Air
I don't really need one right now so it makes sense to wait for the next models... but I really want one RIGHT NOW. Maybe with the right rationalizations and evasions... It's worth a shot.
To begin with, what's the latest on when the new models will arrive? I hear June a lot. Sometimes later, rarely earlier (I guess the Haswell delay rules earlier out.)
I will use it mostly for journal writing, so I suppose getting a pro retina doesn't make much sense? Money is an issue, but I could go pro retina if I'm prepared to sacrifice my teeth. Let me know what you think.
Then there's the whole RAM thing. I don't really need 8GB right now, but as a future proof it might be a good idea? Not so much in case I expand my activities on the machine, but more to be able to run future OS updates. (I'm planning on using it for a long time.)
13" or 11". Is there any other reason than price and portability to go 11"? Is it possible to just like it more? I'm using an Asus netbook currently and I don't mind a smallish screen (and it's even smaller than 11"), but I'm thinking it might be neat with a bigger screen for once, but maybe I'll just hate it? I do like that the difference is in height, goes well with writing (I hate writing with too much width for the text, but height is welcome... I think)
Right now I'm leaning toward a 13" 8GB MacAir.
Last edited by JohnIV; Feb 8, 2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: word choice
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.