Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:54 AM   #1
sk3pt1c
macrumors 6502a

How can I allow the tab key only inside a specific div?

I have a form that is broken down into several tabs/pages to make it easier for the user to fill.

The thing is, there are buttons to go from page to page but if you keep pressing the tab key you will go to the next page but it breaks the form.

I want to be able to allow the tab key only inside each and prevent it from skipping from one to the next.

Setting the tabindex to -1 won't work because i actually want the users to navigate the pages with the tab key properly.

I've also tried adding tabindex="-1" to the div but it doesn't seem to work.

So i'm guessing jQuery?

The form has basic text boxes, dropdowns and radios and it's wrapped in a codaslider content sliding plugin.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development