Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:22 AM   #1
netdog
macrumors 603

Integrated/Airplay Amp to connect to Airport Express?

My cheap NAD just went belly up and perhaps saved me from buying an Arcam DAC. We'll see.

What I am hoping to find is an integrated amp with airplay or an integrated amp with an optical in to connect to my Airport Express via optical.

Up until now, I've been relying on my Airport Express's DAC to do the translation, and that has been the weakest link in terms of sound. Now I am hoping to by the AE's DAC or even remove the AE from the equation altogether.

Speakers are just B&W 685s which I will either upgrade or just make them my secondary speakers. Music is almost entirely ALAC.

I really don't want to spend a lot. I'd prefer to be under 350-400.

Ideas?

Also, any feelings about the Zepplin Air versus the A5 as an AirPlay speaker to tote around the house?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater