Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Philalbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Greater Boston Area
Hi. I recently read an article online about how to import custom portraits into Baldur's Gate for iPad using a program called ifun box. For the heck of it I decided to stuff a BG2 character file into the "Characters" folder on my iPad. I then started a new game and chose "import". To my surprise I was able to flawlessly import my ultra powerful BG2 character, despite the low lvl/experience cap of BG1. Strangely enough all my high level spells carried over too, even though I wasn't aware they even existed in the first game; Time Stop, Bigby's Crushing Fist etc. Just thought I'd share my nerdy delight:p I'll include a screenshot.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,306

Garantus

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2013
Wow! Could you please provide the details

Hello! What you've done is really amazing! I am a hugh fan of Baldur's Gate and have a long history with my old character. If it is possible to import it to iPad version of BG - it would be great. Could you please provide a detailed instruction how to do it? Specifically, how to access character folder on iPad and to copy character file from PC version of BG! Thanks a lot in advance!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.