Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Educ8r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2007
4th largest city in the USA
P1010131a.jpg

----------

OMG, is this in Houston? :)

cars and coffee

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
These guys look well designed to cope with your bitter Winters, do they just follow you around the place Doylem? The painting makes perfect sense now that you explained it to us, initially I thought it was a prank.

Herdwicks are supposed to have come over with the Vikings, more than 1,000 years ago. They're the hardiest of hill sheep, and can survive the harshest winters...

Beautiful pic (but you have a problem with dust-spots)...

BruceiD

macrumors member
May 1, 2012
Belgium
I know it's very cliché to make picture of your keyboard.. but I really like this one to be completely honest.
PV00qW2.jpg

Shot with Sony HX200V Cybershot
No editing, shot with no light besides the backlit keyboard and the brightness of my macbook ;-)

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country

Love the color and lines in this one. I have a question or two for you, P. When you are shooting these type of photos with apertures like f/16 or 22 to get a wider DOF, do you use a DOF app to get the hyperfocal distance or do you just focus about 1/3 of the way into the scene? Secondly, since I have a 5D Mark III as well, do you center AF focus/recompose, move your focal point in the in viewfinder AF area array or manually focus? Just curious, and continuing to try to learn and improve. Thanks.
:)

LumbermanSVO

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Denton, TX
_MG_3400-XL.jpg

This is one of my best friends (of about 21 years) came over to my studio and acted as my model as I got familiar with the lighting gear. We then ran through a bunch of various poses pulled from some blogs.

It'll be fun using this space! :D

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com

La Cienega (1960d)

So this shot may not seem that interesting, but this view is my favourite part of La Cienega, I used to see this every morning as I went to 90210, I'll miss it.

(The 1960d project is a Prontor 125 rangefinder lens modified to fit my Canon 60d)

1/640
ƒ2.8
ISO100
50 mm

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
_MG_3400-XL.jpg

This is one of my best friends (of about 21 years) came over to my studio and acted as my model as I got familiar with the lighting gear. We then ran through a bunch of various poses pulled from some blogs.

It'll be fun using this space! :D

It feels like he is to far turned away from the camera. I always feel if the bridge of the nose if cutting across the eye then it is too far so I either bring it more towards the camera or push it further away for more of a profile shot!

Nice to see some portrait shots though!

Here's mine, as always, comments appreciated!

Long Hair by acearchie, on Flickr

LumbermanSVO

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Denton, TX
It feels like he is to far turned away from the camera. I always feel if the bridge of the nose if cutting across the eye then it is too far so I either bring it more towards the camera or push it further away for more of a profile shot!

Nice to see some portrait shots though!

Thanks, it's nice to get some feedback!

I've recently signed up for a monthly rent in a studio space shared with about 12 other photographers with the intent of using the space to shoot portraits and learn how to do it well. Any feedback I get is very much welcome. You'll be seeing more portraits from me soon enough! ;)

It needs a figure in there, IMO... maybe a Lumberman...

Hmmm, I think you are right. And you know what? I had the radio triggers with me to pull that off too...

Maybe next time! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.