Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qwimjim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
I'm having trouble finding one, right now I'm using uTorrent and have an RSS feed from showrss.com. The shows show up as a list in uTorrent with a blue dot beside new torrents, but I have to manually double click each one to download instead of new torrents simply being downloaded automatically.. I can't seem to find an option to enable this..

Anyone know of a good app that can do this? Not sure why this function isn't available in the osx version of utorrent when it's been in the windows version for years..

Thanks!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
You can use this app (Automatic) to DL the torrent file to a folder, then use your favorite torrent app like UTorrent or Transmission to monitor the folder and auto launch/run when a new torrent file appears in the folder.

JoeFkling

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2013
I use it quite often without issue. Not sure what you are installing along with it, but it has not hijacked anything in any of my software.

qwimjim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
I use it quite often without issue. Not sure what you are installing along with it, but it has not hijacked anything in any of my software.

i installed it last week and it installed 4 extensions in firefox and chrome, and hijacked both browsers to redirect to yahoo search when re-opening. it is garbage

----------

does not have auto-download, i use utorrent but you have to double click each file to download

qwimjim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011

hmm doesn't seem to work well, just seems to randomly download old episodes. oh well hopefully utorrent will implement auto download because their rss feed capability is the best. a nice clear list of episodes, blue dot read/unread marker..

for people looking to auto import video files into itunes, hazel is a nice app that works well, watches my torrent "completed" folder and as soon as a file hits that folder it gets added to itunes. works like a charm

mahood

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2009
UK
oh well hopefully utorrent will implement auto download because their rss feed capability is the best. a nice clear list of episodes, blue dot read/unread marker..

I've used uTorrent to auto-download, I think you need to set up a filter before it'll do it.

Once you've added your RSS feed and see it listing possible downloads, click on 'Create Smart Feed' - you'll get some options to choose from. Put in something that matches your requirements (e.g. Contains 720p, or something else) and make sure 'Start Downloads Automatically' is ticked.

That should then add the matching entries to your queue!

And I assume it's being used for completely legal & non-copyright-infringing downloads, of course...

qwimjim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
I've used uTorrent to auto-download, I think you need to set up a filter before it'll do it.

Once you've added your RSS feed and see it listing possible downloads, click on 'Create Smart Feed' - you'll get some options to choose from. Put in something that matches your requirements (e.g. Contains 720p, or something else) and make sure 'Start Downloads Automatically' is ticked.

That should then add the matching entries to your queue!

And I assume it's being used for completely legal & non-copyright-infringing downloads, of course...

cool will give it a shot

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.