Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STidrvr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Hey all,

I just got my rMBP yesterday, and Im loving it. I just got Office 2011 Installed and thankfully finally got the update that improves the graphics for Retina. Anyway, my old work flow relied on skydrive, which i have installed and set up. Except before, on my PC, I would open and close files through skydrive in Word. When I would go to open a file, listed along with Documents Pictures etc, skydrive would be listed. Is there anyway to do this on a Mac? i suppose I could copy the contents off skydrive and onto my drive, but I was just wondering if there was a way?

Thanks John

Panch0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2010
Virginia
I've never used SkyDrive, so I'm not sure how well this works, but Office Mac2011 have a component called "Document Connection" that seems to be able to connect to SkyDrive. I'm not sure how this fits into your workflow, but it seems to be the way that MS intends Office Mac to use SkyDrive.

edit: Document Connection is a separate App from Word/Excel/PowerPoint...

Last edited:

STidrvr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Yeah, I have Document Connection set up and linked to my Skydrive, the problem is when I use Word and go to "Open", theres no way to use that link with Document Connection or Skydrive to open a file. I realize that this approach isn't the most effective in providing redundancy and backup. I do have another source of save via a thumb drive and a soon to be retired Home Server. I have already put my documents in the... wait for it... Documents folder. I guess with learning how to use the Mac, now would be the perfect time to change my work flow.

BTW, totally unrelated, I never realized how much I would like gestures for scrolling and browsing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.