Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Same.

But I haven't heard anything that is a game changer yet. Just the normal run of the mill stuff. Faster. Better processor. Better camera. Meh.

I want to hear that killer feature that will make me want to upgrade. As it is I haven't heard a peep that has made me interested.

There has been no official word yet. Just some run of the mill rumor from a while ago. Even i dont believe the rumors right now til it is official from Samsung or a reliable source and i really dont even recall what the rumors were asside from a 4.99" screen and the overall size of the phone will be the same as the GS3, ...which i am hoping for. I also think it was mentioned to get Key Lime Pie.

Will have to wait for something more official.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
There has been no official word yet. Just some run of the mill rumor from a while ago. Even i dont believe the rumors right now til it is official from Samsung or a reliable source and i really dont even recall what the rumors were asside from a 4.99" screen and the overall size of the phone will be the same as the GS3, ...which i am hoping for. I also think it was mentioned to get Key Lime Pie.

Will have to wait for something more official.

I think it's very unlikely that it'll get KLP before the Nexus devices. Seeing as they haven't yet I'd be willing to bet that the S4 will be released with 4.2.x because even after the Nexus devices get KLP Samsung will still have to do their thing with it.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
teaser

very tempting

Attachments

• Galaxy-S4-release-date1.jpg
    Galaxy-S4-release-date1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 662

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I wonder if samsung will have enough clout this time to leave carrier branding and bloatware off.

How much of what constitutes Touchwiz is demanded by carriers and not by Samsung?

----------

You gotta start fearing for apple given this overwhelming anticipation ....

The competition is healthy, certainly, which will make for better phones for everyone.

----------

Don't you think Samsung deserves respect? ....in as much as we like Apple

Don't look down on them so much

Hey, Samsung HAS earned my respect, and my dollars, in certain areas, with certain products. My High-Efficiency Steam Washer and Dryer? Samsung makes the best. My new 32" LED-LCD TV for downstairs? It was the best available in the budget and class.

They're doing a lot of good things in the phone space, but it's quite scattershot, and they lack the same focus they have in other categories.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
Sure they are and I am seeing myself giving them my dollars this time around for the S4 to sit alongside my iPhone

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
Samsung, please please please get rid of the physical home button. That was a bizarre step backwards from capacitive buttons. Please.

I must be one of the few that likes a physical home button. I like the consistancy of knowing its there regardless of what app/game I may be in.

I can see why visually its not as nice as a virtual button but in practical usage I prefer to have it.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Samsung may announce the Galaxy S IV on March 15

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-may-announce-the-Galaxy-S-IV-on-March-15_id39507

"The Galaxy S IV is then expected to hit most European markets by the end of April, while the Americas, Australia and Africa are said to get it sometime in May or June - a two month delay similar to what we've observed with previous Galaxy S launches."

Production of Full HD AMOLED displays for the Samsung Galaxy S IV to be at full swing by the end of the month

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Prod...at-full-swing-by-the-end-of-the-month_id39504

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
I'm excited to see what it brings to the table and what it does for android in general. I bought a nexus 4 for a nice premium before they came back in stock and will be keeping it for a couple years. Samsung did a nice job with the S3. I see them everywhere and everyone I've talked to loves them. Nature UX looks pretty nice as well. The S4 should be a nice upgrade for S2 users coming out of contract. With all the fast dual cores and quads out, I'm not sure how much faster smart phones need to get. Software has some catching up to do first. That being said I'm sure I'll be drooling over whatever comes inside the S4 albeit already having nice specs in my N4. My only complaint is the battery. Hopefully 4.2.2 and/or 5.0 fixes some of that.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
If it truly rocks, I will probably sell my iPhone 5 and get the S4.

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
http://bgr.com/2013/02/07/galaxy-s-iv-specs-non-touch-gesture-321500/

It just keeps getting better.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Me, no. LOL

I bought BlackBerry Z10 to tie me over until the S4 comes out.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I've already decided to buy an S4, after the terrific long term experiences with my S3, Galaxy Nexus, Note II & Nexus 4 phones. Not perfect, yet nothing is, & Android 4.x.x has a great feature set, which just keeps getting better with each rev.

My greatest wish, is that the S4 is released very soon. Not just because I want one, but of even greater interest, to see if it delivers the swift kick in the ass, that it appears Apple needs.

I'd like nothing better than to see Apple bring the iPhone into the modern era with a properly sized display of suitable aspect ratio. Enough of this skinny long display which is a half measure. Give us something to get excited about. A phone that's spacious display is a joy to use.

It's well within Apples capability. With more money & sheer resources than any competitor, there's no excuse.

Time to bring it on, Apple. Now.

tjl3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
I'd like nothing better than to see Apple bring the iPhone into the modern era with a properly sized display of suitable aspect ratio. Enough of this skinny long display which is a half measure. Give us something to get excited about. A phone that's spacious display is a joy to use.

I hope you realize that the iPhone has the same aspect ratio as the GS3 and Note 2. There are a lot of people who complain that iPhone 5 is just a stretched skinny iPhone, but it's not like they stretched the screen to some awkward AR.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I hope you realize that the iPhone has the same aspect ratio as the GS3 and Note 2. There are a lot of people who complain that iPhone 5 is just a stretched skinny iPhone, but it's not like they stretched the screen to some awkward AR.
I'm fully aware of the display characteristics of every current & most prior models for Android, iOS, & Windows Phones. Fact is the elongated iP5 that is in my hand has the least useable, most limiting display. That it doesn't matter to millions is largely twofold. They have no other experience therefore they don't know any better, or second, they just don't care.

Vanity influences the American way of life, thus it's what they're seen with that matters to them. One read in the forums here proves that.

I happen to truly like iPhones & Apple, that's why it matters to me. Just like the previously maligned iPad mini. Once it was real, all the worshipers changed their mind & proclaimed it outstanding.

One week with a modern sized (read larger) iPhone and they'd love it.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I'm fully aware of the display characteristics of every current & most prior models for Android, iOS, & Windows Phones. Fact is the elongated iP5 that is in my hand has the least useable, most limiting display. That it doesn't matter to millions is largely twofold. They have no other experience therefore they don't know any better, or second, they just don't care.

Vanity influences the American way of life, thus it's what they're seen with that matters to them. One read in the forums here proves that.

I happen to truly like iPhones & Apple, that's why it matters to me. Just like the previously maligned iPad mini. Once it was real, all the worshipers changed their mind & proclaimed it outstanding.

One week with a modern sized (read larger) iPhone and they'd love it.

One week?

The moment Apple announces it, they'll love it.

One might even argue before Apple's announcement... as credible leaks come out, the reconciliation and adaption begins.

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
One week?

The moment Apple announces it, they'll love it.

One might even argue before Apple's announcement... as credible leaks come out, the reconciliation and adaption begins.

IMO I think apple does need to create different sizes because a phone is almost like a shoe size. Everyone has their own preference.

I would of probably switched to android but the single most reason is android OS is laggier.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RVDMOP1pWCQ&desktop_uri=/watch?v=RVDMOP1pWCQ

Also they allow the carrier to bog the device with bloat ware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.