Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Hmmm, I think you are right. And you know what? I had the radio triggers with me to pull that off too...

Over what distance does it work? When I'm shooting for stock, I like having people in the landscape (or at least a choice of 'with people' and 'without'). And if there's no-one around, I have to do the job myself. But I can't run so fast these days, after I press the self-timer, so I don't get too far away. :p It would be good to walk further away, and then operate the shutter from, say 50metres or more...

A warm Lakeland welcome...

privategate.jpg

Last edited:

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Still at the marina from Monday. This seal bugged the heck out of me, staying just out of reach of my telephoto. Oh, to have the Sigma 500mm...

----------

Over what distance does it work? When I'm shooting for stock, I like having people in the landscape (or at least a choice of 'with people' and 'without'). And if there's no-one around, I have to do the job myself. But I can't run so fast these days, after I press the self-timer, so I don't get too far away. :p It would be good to walk further away, and then operate the shutter from, say 50metres or more...

Mine go for up to 200m's on a good day, they are cheap flea-bay 2.4GHz knockoffs that cost me about $20.

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
8458700395_0690e106ef_c.jpg

First image of the blizzard. Similar in composition to others I posted in the past. More snow though :)

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA

First image of the blizzard. Similar in composition to others I posted in the past. More snow though :)

This may offend your sensibilities, but I wouldn't complain if you photoshopped out all the utility lines. Even with the poles still in place it would be a much different photo. I like it nonetheless.

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006

Classic by DigitAl3x, on Flickr

This old car sits in front of a local hotel. Hasn't moved in probably a decade. It's a shame to not drive something so beautiful!

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
I keep telling the help " Don't forget to brush off the statuary when you're done shoveling" but do they listen??? NO!!!

ringwood6812_zpsc563cbcd.jpg

5D2 , 24-105@45 , f8@1/250 , ISO 100

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
This may offend your sensibilities, but I wouldn't complain if you photoshopped out all the utility lines. Even with the poles still in place it would be a much different photo. I like it nonetheless.

I generally only remove dust and not actual elements in an image, but that's just me. No worries though, they are distracting. I have a series of the same composition varying in time of day, amount of snow, etc.

Here is my one for today:

8462257679_f471da0ef8_c.jpg

Last edited:

AT06

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2012
Winwick, UK
Was a quite overcast today so had to improvise and use the gaps in the cloud where I could. Nothing special by anyones standards on here probably but I'm very new to photography (started a couple of months ago :D).

Winwick .jpg

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
The only thing that my novice eye doesn't like is the fact that part of her spotted underwear is visible.

Yeah me too! That's something I plan of taking out in photoshop when I start retouching that set. Thanks for pointing it out.

Was a quite overcast today so had to improvise and use the gaps in the cloud where I could. Nothing special by anyones standards on here probably but I'm very new to photography (started a couple of months ago :D).

View attachment 395976

Nice shot. I like finding interesting silhouettes and usually end up taking them on my iPhone. Great that there is a nice dynamic sky behind too.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
The alternate shot.

As always, comments appreciated!

Long Hair... Again! by acearchie, on Flickr
I like the expression and feel of movement that these shots have. The face and eyes catch my attention and the flow of the hair leads my eye down the frame. The only thing I find distracting is that bit of underwear or whatever that is at the lower left just over the waistband of the jeans. Little details like that can really bug me.

Dale

LumbermanSVO

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Denton, TX

I use the Cactus v5 triggers and the advertised range is 100m, but people report that they reach further. Even better, they have a hot shoe on top, so you can piggyback them to extend the range.

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Playing with Autopano Giga to stitch a 22 shot panorama together, it coped really well with the ghosting and the dark ethereal-ness of the leaves on the sides. Beats photoshop for panoramas hands down.

I like that the wide open aperture has given it almost a tilt-shift effect.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com

Los Angeles Definition Graffiti (1960d)

I see this every time I leave my friends house, I find it fitting that 2 days away from leaving LA, I finally got a shot of it.

(The 1960d project is a Prontor 125 rangefinder lens modified to fit my Canon 60d)

1/1250
ƒ2.8
ISO640
45 mm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.