Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
You're sitting at a desktop and you hit the space bar twice at the end of a sentence, expecting a period.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Depends what you're doing.

I've found nothing I do that a tablet can do better than a traditional desktop/laptop. This may not be the case for a lot of people, but I used a tablet for about a month while I was waiting for a charger for my netbook. Haven't touched it since, it just makes everything I do more difficult and time consuming, or offers no advantage. I'd honestly sell the thing if it hadn't been a Christmas present.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
I've found nothing I do that a tablet can do better than a traditional desktop/laptop. This may not be the case for a lot of people, but I used a tablet for about a month while I was waiting for a charger for my netbook. Haven't touched it since, it just makes everything I do more difficult and time consuming, or offers no advantage. I'd honestly sell the thing if it hadn't been a Christmas present.

I agree :).

Even with an external keyboard, most interfaces were so much more difficult to use on any Android/iOS tablet, and multitasking was so much harder to the point where what would've taken less than a minute on a desktop ends up being inconvenient and time-consuming.

And on most tablets, upgrades are nearly impossible to do, and usually aren't an option :/.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO

It is easier to play Angry Birds on a tablet. You ever tried playing on a computer with a mouse? Damn near impossible ;)

But I agree. For me, a tablet will never replace a computer.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
You try to swipe on the screen of your laptop.

Or, similarly, tap on a screen in a store expecting it to do something... I don't think Best Buy appreciates all the fingerprints I've put on their iMacs. :(

(Pretty much the only reason I don't do this at home is because I have an HTPC set up that places the display on the other side of the room)

Last edited:

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
When you start not remembering about stuff due to being used to just reach for your smartphone and Google away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.