Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steven627

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2011

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 254

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
You can't do any of that without a jailbreak. It'd be in the tech news if Apple released another beta, even if it was internally. Nice try, though. :rolleyes:

to his credit the only thing that's new there is a dock (which I've seen in JB devices). yet if he had gone through the trouble of jailbreaking he would have certainly made a more drastic change to it.

and isnt there a non-jailbreak tweak out there that allows you to customise your carrier anyway?

Last edited:

batting1000

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
It's not jail broken....

I'm not that stupid. There's no way he's running an unreleased / unannounced iOS beta unless he works high up in Apple or is some software developer for Apple.

It may not look jailbroken because you can't see the Cydia icon, but the wallpaper has clearly been edited and made darker/bluer and the dock was changed to the ML dock with Winterboard or an image file edit.

----------

to his credit the only thing that's new there is a dock (which I've seen in JB devices). yet if he had gone through the trouble of jailbreaking he would have certainly made a more drastic change to it.

and isnt there a non-jailbreak tweak out there that allows you to customise your carrier anyway?

Yes but the carrier not being visible does not signify a "developer phone" like he claims. You cannot change your dock without jailbreaking.

----------

I'm sure they're trolling..

Yep, probably.

--

Either way, I'd prefer we stay on the original topic which is posting/discussing non-jailbroken home screens.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I'm not that stupid. There's no way he's running an unreleased / unannounced iOS beta unless he works high up in Apple or is some software developer for Apple.

It may not look jailbroken because you can't see the Cydia icon, but the wallpaper has clearly been edited and made darker/bluer and the dock was changed to the ML dock with Winterboard or an image file edit.

----------

Yes but the carrier not being visible does not signify a "developer phone" like he claims. You cannot change your dock without jailbreaking.

----------

Yep, probably.

--

Either way, I'd prefer we stay on the original topic which is posting/discussing non-jailbroken home screens.

There's ways to remove the carrier logo without a jailbreak that's all that was done here. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

I do however don't agree with anything he's stated about the iOS and developer phone and all that garbage.

Random 995K

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
I just moved from Galaxy S3 to Iphone 5, having orginally owned a 3GS, i couldn't be happier.. anyway here is my home and lock screens.. i have the white 32gb manufactured in november and bought yesturday!

Also wanted to point out alot of people complaining about scuffs out the box, i spoke to staff in an apple store (UK) and he said it was the case only for the first batch and considering mine was made in november and is perfect... it shouldn't put you off purchasing a great phone.. ****** the android haters :p

P.S. Wanted to ask... i thought there was a new feature allowing custom ringtones in ios6, am i the only one who cant find how to or will i have to do the long itunes method as usual? Thanks

I wants aware of a feature like that, I think you have to do the iTunes method or try a 3rd party app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.