Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GaryClough

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
Just got confirmation of delivery for Tuesday! Been waiting since early December, was about to cancel order and then received email today.
UK
i7/fusion/680mx

Hang in there guys.

Hi, who did you order through? Ordered mine from dabs on 6th December and they still don't know anything yet !

Cheers

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
It would be cool to group all the informations about the delivery of th 27 Imac in the APR's.
Has anybody already get his BTO via an APR?
Mine ( from an apr in Luxembourg ) should arrive in the next days? What is the situation in the States and in the UK?

I work at an APR (also an AASP) in the states, and the 27" iMac situation is pretty bad. Only people who placed orders a month ago are able to get theirs. The 21.5" iMac shortage is improving bit by bit, but it's still really bad with the 27" models.

phobos

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Ordered mine on the 23rd of January. I live in Greece.
The APR said 1month wait. When I asked him: Really? he said it'll probably be later than that...
Apple's communication is not helping but having the APR people lying straight to your face is even worse....

Darthdrax

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Rotterdam, Netherlands
And as if by magic, the Imac arrived yesterday from Amac - close to 50 days through an APR. Looks and runs well, Office install in 20 seconds. Solid improvement over my 2010 27". Has 8 GBs of memory, so will probably get some more.

Hope you get yours soon too!

BTW I did let Apple know that they could be better at communicating shipping dat to their APR. Got two responses, one from customer services in Europe, one from a Dutch Apple person. They do respond!

Hey RonV,

Glad to hear you machine is there! Means that there is at least something moving. Hope all is fine with the screen etc?

Maybe a stupid question, but is Amac APR in Netherlands?

Cheers

----------

Still no news here...ordered December 3.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

----------

Same **** here, ordered Dec. 3 in Denmark, no news. And they wont accept cancellation due that its BTO, hmm...

Claust: Not sure how the law works in Danmark, but I am sure that if you can prove your reseller cannot deliver in a 'realistic time', they have to accept a cancelation?.

----------

I checked the reseller this morning, no news. Just checked the Apple shop website in NL : delivery time has gone up to 4-6 weeks!!! This machine becomes outdated before it hits the shops. Also the 21" machines are now facing a 3-4 weeks delivery time.

Frankly I thought I was just facing plane and simple dutch customer service processes (indeed, the worst around) but your post here from Greece, Norge, Danmark and Deutschland learn me that it is quite a Apple Europe problem.

Anyone with insight contacts to escalate within Apple Europe? :eek:

roverma

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
The Netherlands
Waiting 8 weeks!!

I ordered on dec. 5 from reputed reseller Pro Warehouse in Amsterdam.
Now, 8 weeks later my order has still status "processing" in their backlog.
Today I escalated on the phone at Apple Sales, talked to a supervisor and he told me bluntly that orders from resellers are on the back off the line and that Apple Store orders are always priotorised.........
Very bad customer service from Apple and I don't understand resellers taking this for granted!
Regards,
Rob

Imaginethe

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2012
UK
I ordered on dec. 5 from reputed reseller Pro Warehouse in Amsterdam.
Now, 8 weeks later my order has still status "processing" in their backlog.
Today I escalated on the phone at Apple Sales, talked to a supervisor and he told me bluntly that orders from resellers are on the back off the line and that Apple Store orders are always priotorised.........
Very bad customer service from Apple and I don't understand resellers taking this for granted!
Regards,
Rob

I don't think Resellers really have much of a choicce, unfortunately.

kantti

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2013
Finland
I checked the reseller this morning, no news. Just checked the Apple shop website in NL : delivery time has gone up to 4-6 weeks!!! This machine becomes outdated before it hits the shops. Also the 21" machines are now facing a 3-4 weeks delivery time.

Frankly I thought I was just facing plane and simple dutch customer service processes (indeed, the worst around) but your post here from Greece, Norge, Danmark and Deutschland learn me that it is quite a Apple Europe problem.

I ordered on DEC 3 in Finland. I checked the reseller today, still "processing order".

Thuc5dides

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
I ordered a BTO through a reseller early Dec from Australia, it arrived today BUT apple screwed up and shipped it with the wrong GPU!! Now I have to order again, thanks Apple.

phobos

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
I ordered a BTO through a reseller early Dec from Australia, it arrived today BUT apple screwed up and shipped it with the wrong GPU!! Now I have to order again, thanks Apple.

Ouch! I think that hurts even more than waiting for it to come!
For some reason I visualize the same thing happening to me. Even before I saw your post.

Imaginethe

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2012
UK

wow. I am worried I shall wait for such a long time and then there be a fault or something.

Ronv

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Darthdrax

Amac is an APR in the Netherlands yes (Breda)

Hey RonV,

Glad to hear you machine is there! Means that there is at least something moving. Hope all is fine with the screen etc?

Maybe a stupid question, but is Amac APR in Netherlands?

Cheers

----------

Claust: Not sure how the law works in Danmark, but I am sure that if you can prove your reseller cannot deliver in a 'realistic time', they have to accept a cancelation?.

----------

Garemz

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Edmonton Alberta Canada
Ordered my Mac on Jan 11

I7
Fusion 1TB
680mx
8 Gigs ram

Still in processing, called apple they told me feb 26 I was like WTF!!!

Customer service has gone downhill from Apple, and this was one of the best things about doing business with apple.

I'm going to reconsider next time I need a product, might go Samsung

Thanks Apple

ahansen5

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
Ordered my Mac on Jan 11

I7
Fusion 1TB
680mx
8 Gigs ram

That exact configuration has been available at my local Apple store for awhile now. Have you checked your store? You might be able to walk in and buy it immediately.

Gregoryw

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2012
Belgium
I have been waiting for almost 10 weeks. Placed my order on dec 1/2012, trough 'Switch' (APR in Belgium).

Config
27"
i5
1 TB fusion
16GB
680mx

Darthdrax

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Rotterdam, Netherlands
No news

Contacted the reseller yesterday and stated that I want to hear a delivery date within two weeks or I will cancel the order. Reseller replied with the message that they are very sorry but unfortunately cannot help. Apple simply not delivering or providing APR's with info.

One of the quotes here confirmed what I have been thinking all along: APR's are at the bottom of the list. Question is: what's wise to do: cancel order with APR and put in a new order with Apple's online store -> 4-6 weeks delivery time. or simply wait and give them time

vizlor

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
Contacted the reseller yesterday and stated that I want to hear a delivery date within two weeks or I will cancel the order. Reseller replied with the message that they are very sorry but unfortunately cannot help. Apple simply not delivering or providing APR's with info.

One of the quotes here confirmed what I have been thinking all along: APR's are at the bottom of the list. Question is: what's wise to do: cancel order with APR and put in a new order with Apple's online store -> 4-6 weeks delivery time. or simply wait and give them time

I am starting to feel like I want to just sit this one out, cancel, and wait for the next upgrade. Waiting since Nov 30 and still not getting an estimate for delivery is unacceptable.

ahansen5

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
Just received an excellent update from B&H. My iMac is in stock and will be shipped tomorrow and should arrive on Monday!

I ordered on January 21, 2013. I realize how lucky I am to only wait three weeks from the time I ordered. Good news is they should have some in stock at one point today, so if you are waiting still you might want to check their site or give B&H a call.

The system I ordered was:

3.4GHz i7
8GB Ram
3TB Fusion
680MX

along with Parallels 8 for free and AppleCare for $61.

My first iMac, finally making the switch from PC and I can't wait! :)

Will M

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2013
Chinese New Year incoming from 9 -15 Februari, which those hard working people deserve, but I won't expect much movement within China next week. So, giving all hope on hearing any sign of life on friday regarding my order of 6 December, otherwise I will consider canceling my order.... Too much BS going on! :mad:

skoust

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
After stalking these forums for what feels like forever, I finally had to register to vent :(

I live in Guernsey, in the Channel Islands (part of the UK) and Apple will not ship here so I have to order through the island's APR. Ordered on Dec 1st, making it 10 weeks today, and still nothing. They can't even give me a delivery date or anything! I was told when I ordered to expect my mac around early-mid January at the latest but that has been and gone.

Has anyone actually cancelled their order through an APR? As my mac is a BTO I had to pay a deposit which I reckon they won't refund me if I cancel, but at what point is the delivery time frame unacceptable?

i-Rich

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
After stalking these forums for what feels like forever, I finally had to register to vent :(

I live in Guernsey, in the Channel Islands (part of the UK) and Apple will not ship here so I have to order through the island's APR. Ordered on Dec 1st, making it 10 weeks today, and still nothing. They can't even give me a delivery date or anything! I was told when I ordered to expect my mac around early-mid January at the latest but that has been and gone.

Has anyone actually cancelled their order through an APR? As my mac is a BTO I had to pay a deposit which I reckon they won't refund me if I cancel, but at what point is the delivery time frame unacceptable?

Im just wondering the same thing! Ordered 20 Dec and I was told that it would ship in Jan as per the apple delivery estimate at that time. I now have an indefinite delivery date from the APR which clearly is not acceptable so I'm guessing they would have to refund my deposit. They have said that Apple have told them a 9 week wait for new orders today (it still says 3-4 weeks on the apple store in Australia).

I'll think I'll call them Monday morning and explain that if I haven't received a delivery date within the week I will cancel my order and expect a full refund.My frustration is that this is Apple and not the APR!

Will M

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2013
Im just wondering the same thing! Ordered 20 Dec and I was told that it would ship in Jan as per the apple delivery estimate at that time. I now have an indefinite delivery date from the APR which clearly is not acceptable so I'm guessing they would have to refund my deposit. They have said that Apple have told them a 9 week wait for new orders today (it still says 3-4 weeks on the apple store in Australia).

I'll think I'll call them Monday morning and explain that if I haven't received a delivery date within the week I will cancel my order and expect a full refund.My frustration is that this is Apple and not the APR!

I hear you guys, it's ridiculous!

You're absolutely right that it's Apple.

Imagine that you were an APR and have to earn your money mainly on Apple products, and the newest products are of course the most desired ones, but your manufacturer does not communicate clearly with you... :eek:

In this case, the APR's cannot even communicate clearly with their customers according towards their service standards.

I believe the APR's have communicated correctly with us in the first place. That our delivery estimate was January, but Apple suddenly decided that they needed to cut their delivery schedule towards their partners completely.

Pfff......

I believe lots of us are passing 9 weeks easily at the moment, which is unacceptable! :mad:

gallo889

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2009
My Dec 14 order from a reseller in the US was shipped from Apple Feb 1 just after the "January" deadline and arrived from the reseller Feb 8. So it took exactly 8 weeks. (27" i5/3.2GHz/3TB Fusion/680MX/trackpad)

Turned it on and immediately saw a quarter inch vertical stripe of dead pixels in center-middle of screen.

An appointment at an Apple store the next day confirmed and yielded a warranty repair order; they say it will take 3 days for a replacement 27" inch screen to arrive, with repair shortly thereafter. Ready in 3-5 days? We'll see.

Must say Apple stores are a strange version of hell. Every time I've been in, it's a 150+ people milling around in all directions with about 1 foot between them, hot, sweaty, stinky, total chaos. With everyone touching all the same surfaces to fiddle with the machines, it seems like a contagious disease factory.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.