Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:38 PM   #1
itsMacTonight
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oregon-Go Ducks!
February Orders of iMac 27"

New poster, but I have read many articles in and out of the communities for years. I'm happy to say I have ordered a new iMac 3.4, 680MX, 3 TB Fusion, 8Gb RAM (upgrade upon arrival) This is my first Apple computer since Apple llc days. I remember marveling at the early Macs. By the time I entered my profession the exodus from Apple was well under way. In order to stay lock step with work I have been through 4 PCs. The change, as with many, started with the iPhone then the iPad. After 4 iPhones, 3 iPads, and 2 Apple TVs, I'm ready to "complete" my set, if only temporarily

I ordered on February 2nd with delivery scheduled March 4-11. I haven't seen a thread for February orders yet so I started this one. It appears long delays are still upon us, so I am curious about other's order progress. Thanks!

Last edited by itsMacTonight; Feb 9, 2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Order date
itsMacTonight is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 04:04 PM   #2
benjaminfoden
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
iMac 27" Ordered

Hi,

I've ordered mine too (27", 3.4 i7, 16GB, 680MX, 1TB Fusion Drive) on the 7th February 2013, been quoted the 16th-28th March for delivery to the UK (4-6 weeks). The delays seem to be increasing if anything, which is rather disappointing but then again I suppose Apple are still having issues with LG and the Display yield. I stupidly upgraded to 16GB of RAM as I thought it was inaccessible, like the 21" - ah well I'm gonna go and put 32GB in it now... Not my first Mac, I currently own a MBA 13" 2012 and have previously had the Mac Mini, MacBook Pro 13 and one of the first generation aluminium iMacs.

The Order is currently showing "Items Processing".

I'm hoping that Apple exceed their estimates, some of the stuff I've read on this forum over the past few days seems promising. It would be great to see what delivery dates others are getting. Can't wait!
benjaminfoden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 04:36 PM   #3
itsMacTonight
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oregon-Go Ducks!
I too, can't wait to hear more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminfoden View Post
Hi,

I've ordered mine too (27", 3.4 i7, 16GB, 680MX, 1TB Fusion Drive) on the 7th February 2013, been quoted the 16th-28th March for delivery to the UK (4-6 weeks). The delays seem to be increasing if anything, which is rather disappointing but then again I suppose Apple are still having issues with LG and the Display yield. I stupidly upgraded to 16GB of RAM as I thought it was inaccessible, like the 21" - ah well I'm gonna go and put 32GB in it now... Not my first Mac, I currently own a MBA 13" 2012 and have previously had the Mac Mini, MacBook Pro 13 and one of the first generation aluminium iMacs.

The Order is currently showing "Items Processing".

I'm hoping that Apple exceed their estimates, some of the stuff I've read on this forum over the past few days seems promising. It would be great to see what delivery dates others are getting. Can't wait!
I too hope the delays can find some resolution. However, it seems that if anything, delivery "estimates" are not improving at all. I can't help but wonder if orders are surpassing expectations due to the many positive reviews. Perhaps this is part of the reason, in conjunction with manufacturing delays.

It seems the delays have not decreased in 2+ months, despite rumors of increased screen yields in February.

I too can't wait to hear more as the month progresses.
itsMacTonight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 04:47 PM   #4
benjaminfoden
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Delays and Impatience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMacTonight View Post
I too hope the delays can find some resolution. However, it seems that if anything, delivery "estimates" are not improving at all. I can't help but wonder if orders are surpassing expectations due to the many positive reviews. Perhaps this is part of the reason, in conjunction with manufacturing delays.

It seems the delays have not decreased in 2+ months, despite rumors of increased screen yields in February.

I too can't wait to hear more as the month progresses.
I suppose its one of those moments where you literally cannot do more than sit and twidle your thumbs... It seems those rumours of improved display yields may not have been accurate, either that or they have now got a new issue that was previously unheard of. Ah well, I can live with the current estimate I am just hoping that it does not slip anymore as some of the people in the January thread have suggested.

I will keep you updated with any developments as I continue to check Order Status several times a day! :P
benjaminfoden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 05:14 PM   #5
Braddrum
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMacTonight View Post
New poster, but I have read many articles in and out of the communities for years. I'm happy to say I have ordered a new iMac 3.4, 680MX, 3 TB Fusion, 8Gb RAM (upgrade upon arrival) This is my first Apple computer since Apple llc days. I remember marveling at the early Macs. By the time I entered my profession the exodus from Apple was well under way. In order to stay lock step with work I have been through 4 PCs. The change, as with many, started with the iPhone then the iPad. After 4 iPhones, 3 iPads, and 2 Apple TVs, I'm ready to "complete" my set, if only temporarily

I ordered on February 2nd with delivery scheduled March 4-11. I haven't seen a thread for February orders yet so I started this one. It appears long delays are still upon us, so I am curious about other's order progress. Thanks!
I've ordered the same specs as you. Mine is due delivery latest march 12th (supposedly).

I do hope the wait time decreases though otherwise it's a loooong wait! Ha.
Braddrum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 05:21 PM   #6
benjaminfoden
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Bootcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddrum View Post
I've ordered the same specs as you. Mine is due delivery latest march 12th (supposedly).

I do hope the wait time decreases though otherwise it's a loooong wait! Ha.
Welcome!

I went with the 1TB fusion as I have a Home Media Server which looks after all of my Media Collection etc, and thus the space is less of a necessity. Also, I wanted the option of Bootcamp in the future which the 3TB drives do not currently support.

I'm hoping that Apple will exceed our expectations, and previous experience with them goes along with this. Fingers crossed to all 3 of us getting the new beasts sometime late February/Early March!
benjaminfoden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 09:07 PM   #7
minus182
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
I've placed an order on the 5th of Feb through an authorized reseller here in my country (Singapore). Was told that the wait is between 2-3 months due to the long Lunar New Year holiday in the China factories.

Specs I ordered are the same as TS.
minus182 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:10 AM   #8
itsMacTonight
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oregon-Go Ducks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minus182 View Post
I've placed an order on the 5th of Feb through an authorized reseller here in my country (Singapore). Was told that the wait is between 2-3 months due to the long Lunar New Year holiday in the China factories.

Specs I ordered are the same as TS.
Ouch! I hope yours comes sooner. Thanks for sharing, makes me feel bad for "whining" about early March.
itsMacTonight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:15 AM   #9
minus182
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMacTonight View Post
Ouch! I hope yours comes sooner. Thanks for sharing, makes me feel bad for "whining" about early March.
I do hope so too! No worries, I'll just look around for accessories (RAM/12south magic wand/speakers/etc) to go along with the iMac. My late 2008 MacBook Pro is still running fine for now.

Keeping track of this thread for updates on the delivery statuses.
minus182 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:34 AM   #10
benjaminfoden
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by minus182 View Post
I've placed an order on the 5th of Feb through an authorized reseller here in my country (Singapore). Was told that the wait is between 2-3 months due to the long Lunar New Year holiday in the China factories.

Specs I ordered are the same as TS.
Yes, that hurts! I hope that you get it sooner - I suspect that the Lunar New Year holiday is also playing with the Europe Shipping Time frame.

Just tried to check the order status on Apple.com

"We're sorry, but our Order Status services are extremely busy right now. Please try again later."

I think everyone must be checking the status of their iMac order...
benjaminfoden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:36 AM   #11
virginblue4
macrumors 65816
 
virginblue4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by minus182 View Post
I've placed an order on the 5th of Feb through an authorized reseller here in my country (Singapore). Was told that the wait is between 2-3 months due to the long Lunar New Year holiday in the China factories.

Specs I ordered are the same as TS.
May I ask why you ordered through a reseller rather than Apple?
__________________

iPhone 5S, gold, iOS 8.1
iPad mini 2, silver, iOS 8.1
Late 2012 27" iMac - 3.4GHz i7, 1TB Fusion, 24GB RAM, 680MX 2GB
virginblue4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:40 AM   #12
JCRW
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Ordered my 27" iMac on Feb 5th with the following configurations:

- 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
- 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
- 3TB Fusion Drive
- NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
- APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
- APPLE BATTERY CHARGER
- Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
- Apple USB Superdrive
- Applecare Protection Plan

Delivery between 5 Mar - 12 Mar. I can't wait to get this!
JCRW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:08 PM   #13
MSM Hobbes
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NE Hoosierana
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginblue4 View Post
May I ask why you ordered through a reseller rather than Apple?
I know your question is directed at different poster, but for me just as a FYI, I went via a reseller (B&H) due to (a) no tax, (b) included @ no extra charge Parallel, (c) half price on AppleCare,,, and all still ~$60 less than any other route, including Apple, when the order was placed.

In any case, ordered the 27" i7 w/ 1TB FD and 8GB RAM.
__________________
24" C2D iMac; 15" MBP i7
64GB iPod Touch; 64GB iPad2; White iPhone 4S 64GB
Canon 50D, Tokina 116 AT-X, Canon 70-200 f/4 IS L & 17-55 & 28-135 & 55-250

Last edited by MSM Hobbes; Feb 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Corrected RAM amount: 4GB -> 8GB :o
MSM Hobbes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:33 PM   #14
The Welsh Ewok
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I ordered mine last night to replace a 7 year old Dell desktop that now takes a good 5 mins to boot up, here's the spec:

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad
Apple Wireless Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)
Accessory Kit

It's gonna be a long six weeks waiting for this!
The Welsh Ewok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:44 PM   #15
itsMacTonight
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oregon-Go Ducks!
Order ETA Changed...a little

Just checked order status and my ETA for delivery changed from March 4-11 to February 28-March 7. I hope this is truly promising news. Not much of a difference, but I figured worth noting.
itsMacTonight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:58 AM   #16
minus182
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginblue4 View Post
May I ask why you ordered through a reseller rather than Apple?
I have a $500 discount voucher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSM Hobbes View Post
In any case, ordered the 27" i7 w/ 1TB FD and 4GB RAM.
4GB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMacTonight View Post
Just checked order status and my ETA for delivery changed from March 4-11 to February 28-March 7. I hope this is truly promising news. Not much of a difference, but I figured worth noting.
That's great news!

Last edited by minus182; Feb 11, 2013 at 03:10 AM.
minus182 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:26 AM   #17
SamPhoto
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Order placed Feb 2
27", 3.4 i7, 16GB, 680MX, 3TB Fusion Drive

Original delivery date March 4-11.
Revised yesterday to March 2-9.
SamPhoto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:03 AM   #18
Braddrum
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminfoden View Post
Welcome!

I went with the 1TB fusion as I have a Home Media Server which looks after all of my Media Collection etc, and thus the space is less of a necessity. Also, I wanted the option of Bootcamp in the future which the 3TB drives do not currently support.

I'm hoping that Apple will exceed our expectations, and previous experience with them goes along with this. Fingers crossed to all 3 of us getting the new beasts sometime late February/Early March!
Well I have a 4TB Nas Drive which is where all my media is stored, but its raided so I actually only get 2TB. I just figured you can never have too much storage ! ha.

I am hoping that too, but I think the Chinese New Year may have an impact unfortunately...
Braddrum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:26 AM   #19
benjaminfoden
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddrum View Post
Well I have a 4TB Nas Drive which is where all my media is stored, but its raided so I actually only get 2TB. I just figured you can never have too much storage ! ha.

I am hoping that too, but I think the Chinese New Year may have an impact unfortunately...

Our setups sound extremely similar, and you're probably right about the storage space. Once again, I still like having the Bootcamp option and thus the 3TB drive is ruled out as it is currently unsupported. I will probably get a Thunderbolt drive if I need anymore storage locally in the long run.

Apparently China comes to a standstill for Chinese new year, will be interesting to see what happens (as some people seem to be getting their estimates brought forward currently).
benjaminfoden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:48 AM   #20
itsMacTonight
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oregon-Go Ducks!
3TB Fusion

I'm hoping to partition the 3TB drive as covered:

http://twocanoes.com/support/winclon...b-fusion-drive

I know this is not "Apple Endorsed", but the guy on the phone at Apple technical support highly eluded that this is an acceptable and stable fix. That is until the engineers decide to make something official. Others have also indicated this partition works. I can only hope at this point.
itsMacTonight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:13 AM   #21
benjaminfoden
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMacTonight View Post
I'm hoping to partition the 3TB drive as covered:

http://twocanoes.com/support/winclon...b-fusion-drive

I know this is not "Apple Endorsed", but the guy on the phone at Apple technical support highly eluded that this is an acceptable and stable fix. That is until the engineers decide to make something official. Others have also indicated this partition works. I can only hope at this point.
So is the issue with the way Bootcamp Assistant handles the drive creation? I thought it was something more serious than that (contemplates the idea of changing my order, drop to 8GB RAM and spend the money on a 3TB fusion drive, but that has consequences). Sounds like I should have done my research a bit more - the second revelation in my configuration misbeliefs. I will probably make do with my 1TB Fusion and the Media Server until I require a Thunderbolt Raid drive or something similar.

Last edited by benjaminfoden; Feb 11, 2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Adding info
benjaminfoden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:39 AM   #22
plasmaj
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Ordered last night. Got the i7/680MX/ 1 TB Fusion. I ordered with edu discount though I think I would have saved more if I went through 3rd party to save on taxes. Currently showing March 12-19, which technically is a little more than 4-5 weeks for delivery (I am US based).

Decided on the 680mx since am a little skeptical that some of the shipped 675mx so far may be upgraded cards (see posts in other thread) and feel more comfortable having a 2gb card in a computer that I expect to have for 5 years.
plasmaj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:10 AM   #23
itsMacTonight
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oregon-Go Ducks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminfoden View Post
So is the issue with the way Bootcamp Assistant handles the drive creation? I thought it was something more serious than that (contemplates the idea of changing my order, drop to 8GB RAM and spend the money on a 3TB fusion drive, but that has consequences). Sounds like I should have done my research a bit more - the second revelation in my configuration misbeliefs. I will probably make do with my 1TB Fusion and the Media Server until I require a Thunderbolt Raid drive or something similar.
I can not find the article I was reading. It was a very good article explaining why 32 bit systems can't work with more than 2.2 TB. However, as I understand it, Mountain Lion will still use the remaining 1.8 (actually less due to partitions) for storage once the portions are done. I hope it works.
itsMacTonight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:35 AM   #24
gibbo18
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Loughborough
February Orders

Order on the 2nd Feb with education discount from the UK

Configuration: -

- 27 inch model
- 2.9GHz i5
- 8gig Ram
- 1TB Fusion Drive
- GTX660M
- Apple care

EDIT: (Delivers 4th March - 11th March 2013) Now changed to March 1st - 8th March.

Got it just before the Despatch times went to 4-6 weeks.

Cant wait for it to arrive


Last edited by gibbo18; Feb 15, 2013 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Updated region
gibbo18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:43 AM   #25
youeyemind
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Order on the 4th Feb with education discount

Configuration: -

- 27 inch model
- i7
- 8gig Ram
- 1TB Fusion Drive
- GTX680MX


Delivers 2nd March - 9th March 2013
youeyemind is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some Early Mac Pro Orders Won't See Promised February Delivery MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 153 Mar 31, 2014 01:20 PM
Shipping Estimates for Mac Pro Online Orders Slip to February 2014 MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 162 Jan 6, 2014 10:03 AM
Delivery Thread for 27" iMac December Orders SF Mac Guy iMac 2267 Mar 27, 2013 09:11 AM
March Orders of iMac 27" Bazu iMac 7 Mar 8, 2013 11:05 AM
27" iMac Australian Orders i-Rich iMac 47 Feb 15, 2013 04:57 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC